FileBot Node n00b questions

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
DNA6a

FileBot Node n00b questions

Post by DNA6a »

What settings do you use to rename the files in current location without making a duplicate?

Thanks in advance
rednoah
The Source

Re: [HOW TO] FileBot Node

Post by rednoah »

That's a bad idea. Don't do that. Hardlinking files into a new folder structure is what you should want.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
DNA6a

Post by DNA6a »

Should I be using strict mode?

And where is the database info on node for which database it compares with online?

Is it possible to auto delete all samples also?

And will plex be able to read the hardlinks directory? :)

You are awesome rednoah will donate some cash as soon as I start my new job :)
DNA6a

Post by DNA6a »

http://pastebin.com/GzNHVyY8

This is my log, Im not doing it correct :/
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The log has 6.000 lines. Which line makes you think that you're not doing it correctly?

Why is the output folder inside the input folder? Is it not obvious to you that this is a VERY BAD IDEA since you'll be processing the same files over and over?

NO, I WILL BAN YOU:

Code: Select all

/volume2/Family/Movies --output /volume2/Family/Movies/Movies/Sort
YES, GOOD:

Code: Select all

/volume2/Family/Movies --output /volume2/Media

Strict mode: process only well-named files, so error rate is almost 0
Standard mode: process any file as best as possible, and accept that for some badly named files the match will be bad

It'll delete clutter files automatically, if you don't do shit like (2).

You don't understand hardlinks. Whenever you see the word "hardlink" just read it as "file" instead.
DNA6a

Re: FileBot Node n00b questions

Post by DNA6a »

Thanks man, I am getting there. :) I dont work in IT so be easy on me

Ignore hidden folder: /volume2/Family/Movies/Movies/Mary.Poppins.1964.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-ViGi/@eaDir

How do I prevent it this "ignore hidden folder" nothing is hidden?
DNA6a

Post by DNA6a »

Does filebot handle dupicates at all?

If I regard a hardlink is an actual file are you inferring I can delete the file from source?
DNA6a

Post by DNA6a »

Failed to set xattr: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: /volume2/Family/TV/Regular Show/Season 02/Regular Show - S02E10 - Brain Eraser.mkv: Error writing extended attribute 'net.filebot.metadata': Permission denied
DNA6a

Post by DNA6a »

Argh I am still having issues :)

The Issue
http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/ ... 5fcbb0e4e0

The Log http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/ ... 533f540669

Are my settings ok? Why isn't it working :)
I am n00b to this but need to get my NAS organised to setup plex nicely.
Thanks in advance
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The screenshot you sent does not show the target file. Logs are more useful as text because they don't cut off were your screen cuts off.

However, looking at your previous posts it seems you have /volume1 for input and /volume2 for output. a HARDLINK, by its nature, cannot work across different filesystems or volumes. You will need to use COPY in this case.

Your custom formats don't do anything that isn't default already. The default formats include logic for special cases you haven't even thought of yet. Do not use custom formats unless you have really good reason.

If you already know that you're processing TV Series type files, then set "Input Type" to "TV Series", as to avoid mismatches.

PS: If you have more than one drive you really should have set up a RAID in the first place so that one filesystem/volume spans multiple physical drives. It's probably too late for that though.
DNA6a

Post by DNA6a »

Oh bugger I have 4 HDDS in Volume1 and 4 in Volume2 Its all EXT4 and I thought I could hardlink between them :(

Those formats were just from a plex website that was reccomended for chromecast, I am aware though they are the same though , cheers

Yeah, I wasnt sure if some documentaries were non tv or under the movie catergory is all, but will change it to TV

3 of my HDDS are usable storage and 1 is for parity. But yeah its not all just 8 drives in 1 volume, Ill move it to the same Volume and try hardlink it again :)

Thanks for your help rednoah!

Hopefully this ill work
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Documentaries are tricky, and depending on what data has been entered into the DB, it may work out for better or worse. I'd say that most docus work out better as "TV Series" but there's also a few where processing them in Movie mode might yield "better" results.

I only have 1 single drive in my NAS. :D But if I had more I'd put them all into the same RAID. I think Synology has their own RAID solution to make it easier, but I've never tried it.