FileBot Node doesn't execute any commands anymore or shows an empty terminal

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileBot Node doesn't execute any commands anymore or shows an empty terminal

Post by rednoah »

You can't just call app.js without setting all the required environment variables.

e.g. Synology start script:
https://github.com/filebot/filebot-node ... logy/start

e.g. generic start script:
https://github.com/filebot/filebot-node ... eric/start
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
invis
Donor

Re: FileBot Node doesn't execute any commands anymore or shows an empty terminal

Post by invis »

ok, it looks like it started working, but I don't have any web inferface in synology so I can manage the settings
filebot-node listening at http://0.0.0.0:5452
filebot-node listening at https://0.0.0.0:5453
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

filebot-node wrote:filebot-node listening at http://0.0.0.0:5452
The web interface is running on port 5452.
invis
Donor

Post by invis »

it asks for some authorizations and doesn't show anything
sh-4.3# curl -I localhost:5452
HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 19:47:22 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I don't know which start script you're using.

If you're using the Synology one you can't access the service without Synology login credentials. If you're using the generic one you can't access the service without HTTP basic authentication.

If you're using the Synology start script you're expected to open the page via the Synology web service (i.e. it must be symlinked into the webman folder). If you're using the generic start script then the service will serve the page itself.

Have you read this yet?
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3368
invis
Donor

Post by invis »

I have a question regarding filebot-node again. I use start script with synology auth integration as I have no app-folder in synology UI i use direct link IP:5000/webman/3rdparty/filebot-node/index.html. is there a way to create a application folder facing my filebot web UI? the reason i need this is because while i do not auth in my Synology UI i have 401 reply from app.js of filenode or what auth token must exist for me to always authentificated? can filebot itself ask for login credential?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can also use HTTP BASIC authentication but you'll have to hardcode username and password via environment variables in the start script.

@see https://github.com/filebot/filebot-node ... eric/start
invis
Donor

Post by invis »

while using basic auth i am fully independent from DSM WEB UI. i have started filebot-node as you suggested with BASIC auth and hardcoded credentials but now i do not understand how to get index.html page.... accessing http://IP:5452/auth return success json ( {"success":true,"data":{"auth":"BASIC","user":"admin"}} ) bit what is the url for client/index.html? i have tried a lot of variations with client/index but no success. all the time i get ( {"success":false,"error":"ILLEGAL REQUEST"} )
if i use old URL with 3rdparty/filebot-node/ it does not work either. no asking login\password no working
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That's set via FILEBOT_NODE_CLIENT: https://github.com/filebot/filebot-node ... /start#L24

e.g.

Code: Select all

http://IP:5452/client
hatfira

Post by hatfira »

I am having the same issue, also on the DS-415. The three other components will install and launch correctly as far as I can see, but the Filebot-Node will not start. The error I am getting is as follows:
node --max_executable_size=16 --optimize_for_size --use_idle_notification server/app.js
/usr/local/filebot-node/start: line 36: node: command not found

I suspect it to be much like the above posts, but I cannot figure out what command (app.js?) it's looking for or how to get it pathed properly. I did try to manually create the symlink with the admin credentials and received a permission denied, then did the same with the sudo command, and this seemed to be successful, but the process still doesn't start. The web page (on port 5452) does not appear to be there, either if that helps.

Perhaps this is local to the DS-415 with the latest DSM update? Any advice is appreciated as I too am a Linux noob. For the record, I thought about doing this on my Windows PC, but don't want to have to leave this on 24/7 so it can run the process when I can have it done on the Synology natively.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You're not having the same issue. You have a completely different issue caused by FileBot Node 0.2.2 no longer listing Node.js v4 in it's dependencies which means Synology Package Manager won't install it automatically.

You need to install Node.js:

/usr/local/filebot-node/start: line 36: node: command not found
Synology provides multiple node packages by default, but not all are available for all platforms. When in doubt, install the one with the highest version number.
hatfira

Post by hatfira »

Thank you for the quick reply. You were absolutely correct! I do not recall seeing anything about needing a node.js, and I did promise that I was a noob with Linux! lol

I did get it to start, but now I am getting the following error:
filebot -script 'fn:amc' '/volume1/TV Shows/RAW' --output '/volume1/TV Shows' --action test -non-strict --conflict auto --lang en --def 'music=y' 'artwork=y' 'subtitles=eng' 'clean=y' 'deleteAfterExtract=y' 'minLengthMS=300000' 'minFileSize=100000000' 'seriesFormat={n.space('\''.'\'')}.S{(episode.season ? s : 1).pad(2)}E{e.pad(2)}.{t.space('\''.'\'')}' 'movieFormat={n} ({y})/{n} ({y}){'\'' CD'\''+pi}' 'musicFormat={n}/{album+'\''/'\''}{pi.pad(2)+'\''. '\''}{artist} - {t}' 'excludeList=.excludes' --log fine

------------------------------------------

/usr/local/bin/filebot: line 57: java: command not found
------------------------------------------

[Process error]

Since I can't see line 57, I have no idea what it's asking for that I am not providing. I tried the standard Synology Java 8 as well as the latest version (8.112) from Oracle's web site. What is it looking for, and how can I provide it?

If it helps, I got the strings from the Filebot support site and just copied and pasted as needed.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Did you install Java? I recommend using the Oracle Java SE package that is part of the FileBot package source.

hatfira

Post by hatfira »

Yes. See the bottom part of the post above:
Since I can't see line 57, I have no idea what it's asking for that I am not providing. I tried the standard Synology Java 8 as well as the latest version (8.112) from Oracle's web site. What is it looking for, and how can I provide it?
I will try the version that came with FileBot as the other two didn't and FileBot could be using a library that's been deprecated, replaced, or forked. It can't hurt to give it a go, but if this works, what is the next step? If it doesn't, what is the next step in that case?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

java: command not found
You just need to have the java command in the $PATH. Any java package is fine, but OpenJDK currently doesn't have a JIT on ARM devices so that one might slower than the Oracle JDK.
hatfira

Post by hatfira »

I looked, and Java is indeed in the path for both my account and the admin account. I can't see the root account on the Synology however. I did a bit more research and saw something about an LDLibrary variable that is not set on my system. I am still grasping at straws here, so I could be way off base, but the java location seems to be correct.
hatfira

Post by hatfira »

Got it!! I think that the issue was that I was grabbing the official Java from Oracle, which does NOT include the Developer options. This was preventing things from getting fully registered (found that tidbit in another forum.) I installed your unofficial one from your repository, and things jumped to life! I hope that my little odyssey helps someone else. Moral of the story: Make sure to get the DEVELOPER version of Java.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

java: command not found is caused by the java executable not being in the $PATH.

Both the JDK or the JRE are fine, but merely downloading the *.tar.gz and extracting the files is not enough. You'll need to link the java executable into the /usr/local/bin (in the $PATH by default, even for cron tasks) directory as well.
sroattle

Post by sroattle »

Everytime I try to execute anything Filebot Node crashes (showing as stopped in package center)

I've node.js installed, tried with your and synologys Java

only thing I noticed for

curl -v https://192.168.0.2:5453/auth -k
that I had to use the -k attribute otherwise I would get an certificate error:

SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Did you install the filebot command-line tool?
sroattle

Post by sroattle »

rednoah wrote:Did you install the filebot command-line tool?
oh thx, earlier you said
FYI: FileBot and FileBot Node are completely independent. Updating FileBot will not affect the FileBot Node WebUI and vice versa.
so I thought that they were also standalone

it works great now, thanks!
romano

Post by romano »

Please i cannot find the unoficcial Java package:

edit: i used the direct link and now it works: https://github.com/rednoah/java-install ... noarch.spk

but i do not find the Chromaprint.

Edit2:
It is skiping short movies, why is that?
Skip short video: /volume1/complete/Fear.the.Walking.Dead.S02.Passage.Parts.9-16.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-BTN.mkv
Skip short video: /volume1/complete/Piper.2016.BluRay.720p.AC3.x264.mkv