Synology Task Scheduler issue

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
spk911

Synology Task Scheduler issue

Post by spk911 »

Hello,

I'm getting the following error in the log when my Filebot script is run automatically by Task Scheduler:

Code: Select all

java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/root/tmp
java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/root/tmp
	at net.filebot.ApplicationFolder.<init>(ApplicationFolder.java:34)
	at net.filebot.ApplicationFolder.<clinit>(ApplicationFolder.java:21)
	at net.filebot.Main.initializeSystemProperties(Main.java:388)
	at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:106)

Error during startup
java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/root/logs/amc.log
	at net.filebot.Logging.createLogFileHandler(Logging.java:62)
	at net.filebot.Main.initializeLogging(Main.java:426)
	at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:107)
However, when I execute the same Task manually from DSM (logged under the same user as which is assigned to the Task), everything runs well. Any advice please?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Synology Task Scheduler issue

Post by rednoah »

Are you perhaps running as a different user? filebot should always be called as admin user.

The logs indicate that you've change the scheduled task to run as root. It's strange that root doesn't have permissions for something, but shouldn't the app data folder say admin instead of root?

You could try deleting /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/root to make sure the app data folder gets initialized with the right permissions next time filebot is executed.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
spk911

Post by spk911 »

Hello, thanks for help. On my Synology the default admin account is disabled on purpose. I use my own account with admin rights for all the jobs I described above - the account is the Task "owner" and I log in to DSM using that very same account (I’m not sure if that matters when the Task is executed manually via DSM). What is strange that the automatic execution of the Task was working for some time but then (few months ago) it stopped. I don’t recall doing any change in the Synology configuration. Anyway, I tried deleting the folder you advised and now I have to wait for the task to be executed by the Scheduler.
spk911

Post by spk911 »

Deleting the folder did the trick. Thank you for support. Anyway, I still don’t understand why the log (even now) looks like the user used for the script is “root”.