The watcher is blind. I put file in input folder but nothing happens :

I run docker with putty in root :

Code: Select all

docker run -it --name Filebot-Watcher-Transmission  
-v $PWD:/volume1 
-v /volume1/docker/filebot/config:/data:rw 
-v /volume1/download/Transmission/Fini:/input:rw  
-v /volume1/video:/output:rw 
-e USER_ID=1026 -e GROUP_ID=100 rednoah/filebot:watcher /input --output /output 
--action move -non-strict 
--lang fr 
--log all 
--log-file 'filebot-$DATE-.log -r' 
--def 'artwork=y' 
--def clean=y 'skipextract='y' 
--conflict auto 'kodi='192.168.0.15' 'seriesFormat=06-Series à voir/{n} ({y})/{n} - {s}x{e} - {t}' 'movieFormat=03-Films à voir/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y})' 'unsortedFormat=unsorted/' 'excludeList=.excludes'
The container is launched :

2019-01-24 20:33:47 stdout Watches established.
2019-01-24 20:33:47 stdout Setting up watches.

I put file in the "input" folders and... nothing happens...
The watcher don't seems to work

I've runned 4.7.9 for month and everything worked fine before...

I've checked this in the docker app terminal :

Files in the input folder :

root@9c3dc81a03aa:~# ls /input                                                                               
'movie1.avi'               'movie2'                                       
 @eaDir                                         movie3.avi            
 movie4.mkv              
Output folder seems to be ok

root@9c3dc81a03aa:~# ls /output                                                                              
'#recycle'             '03-Films à voir'  '06-Series à voir'   09-Documentaires        12-Disney   Thumbs.db 
 01-Divx                04-Anime           07-Spectacles      '10-Vidéos Numérisées'   @eaDir                
  video                                                                                                      
'02-Haute Définition'   05-Series          08-Musique          11-Divers                                     
      Music       

root@9c3dc81a03aa:~# filebot -script fn:sysinfo                                                              
FileBot 4.8.2 (r5789)                                                                                        
JNA Native: 5.2.2                                                                                            
MediaInfo: 18.05                                                                                             
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20                                                                                         
Chromaprint: 1.4.2                                                                                           
Extended Attributes: OK                                                                                      
Unicode Filesystem: OK                                                                                       
Script Bundle: 2019-01-16 (r540)                                                                             
Groovy: 2.5.1                                                                                                
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 10.0.2                                                                  
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM                                                                
CPU/MEM: 1 Core / 1 GB Max Memory / 16 MB Used Memory                                                        
OS: Linux (amd64)                                                                                            
HW: Linux 9c3dc81a03aa 3.10.105 #23824 SMP Sat Aug 25 03:19:54 CST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux                     
DATA: /data/.filebot                                                                                         
Package: DOCKER                                                                                              
License: FileBot License PX******* (Valid-Until: 2069-01-23)                                                 
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ                                                                                          

Docker SPK version : 17.05.0-0.395
Synology version 6.2.1-23824 Update 4

Test with Inotifywatch :

root@9c3dc81a03aa:~# inotifywatch /input                                                                     
Establishing watches...                                                                                      
Finished establishing watches, now collecting statistics.                                                    
^Ctotal  access  modify  attrib  close_write  close_nowrite  open  create  filename                          
4572   176     4307    3       1            40             44    1       /input/    

Everything seems to be ok but it don't work, and it drive me crazy XD

Best regards
Last edited by Jih3M on 25 Jan 2019, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot watcher in docker seems to be blind

Post by rednoah »

How long did you wait? It's not gonna be instant. It'll wait at least 5 minutes, and only process files that haven't been modified in the meanwhile:
https://github.com/filebot/plugins/blob ... watcher#L5

ENV SETTLE_DOWN_TIME 600

:idea: This has nothing to do with the version of FileBot, and it's just how the filebot-watcher docker container works, because inotifywait can't know if Transmission has completed a download, or just didn't write anything for a while.

:idea: I'd generally recommend to just configure Transmission to call filebot on download complete instead of relying on filesystem events. (inotifywait usually doesn't work as well as you might hope, because read / write events are too low level to be useful)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Jih3M

Post by Jih3M »

I named the container « transmission », but I did not use transmission anymore and I have not updated the name yet. :)

I use it as a « black hole ». I put file manually in this folder whatever the source.
Watcher is perfect for my need. :mrgreen:

I waited more than 12 hours...

I have deleted and relaunched the container multiples Times.
I have launched the container then put the file in the folder.
I have put the file in folder then launched the container...

Filebot runned 1 Time, and I don’t know what was the trigger.

I launched another container on other folder => same issue.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Have you tried just using inotify, filebot and the watcher shell script directly without docker?

Do you get any output? If you get this one, then nothing will happen until the next time there's a new filesystem event with a new file, so processing might be behind by one file, which isn't a problem if you're continually feeding in new files:

echo "Modified: $FILE"
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Jih3M

Post by Jih3M »

I made a last attempt :
1 - Killed all synology connection
2 - Deleted the input folder and created it again
3 - Set the ENV SETTLE_DOWN_TIME at 180
4 - Put one new file in the input folder
5 - Waited a bit...
6 - and then it works...

Synology DSM don't include inotify but the script worked with sheduled task with synology SPK.

Thank for your help. i feel sorry to disturb you with this.