[Anime] Convert Absolute to SxE numbers help needed

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
Tdoc

[Anime] Convert Absolute to SxE numbers help needed

Post by Tdoc »

Hi

I am runnning filebot node and would be curious to have the absolut to serial converter on my synology !! I found only help for windows

I run the following format for animes:

Code: Select all

Anime/{n}/{episode.special ? 'Special' : 'Season '+s}/{n}.{episode.special ? 'S00E'+special.pad(2) : s00e00}.{t}
thats give me:
Anime/JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)/Season 1/JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012).S01E01.Dio the Destroyer.mkv

But I have to manually researche from Absolute to SxxExx on wikies quickly add just the SxxExx numbering and then run filebot node; painful :evil:

what would be the changes from above code to have both SxxExx and #xxx in the file name ? (eg JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012).S01E01.#001.Dio the Destroyer.mkv

in advance thank you for any support you can give me :D
Tdoc

Re: [Anime] Convert Absolute to SxE numbers help needed

Post by Tdoc »

Ok

so files goes to series and not to anime ?

Series code is:

Series/{n}/{episode.special ? 'Special' : 'Season '+s}/{n}.{episode.special ? 'S00E'+special.pad(2) : s00e00}.{t}
Anime code is:

Anime/{n}.{y}.{order.airdate.s00e00}.#{absolute}.{t}.[{airdate}]
file Fairy Tail.293.mp4 is being renamed and goes to "Video/Series/Fairy Tail/Season 8/Fairy Tail.S08E16.This Parfum Goes To.mp4"

#293 is the S08E16 but I have the feeling that Filebot node is using Serie code and not Anime code ??

am I right ?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Assuming that the file generally matches TheTVDB naming with Absolute numbers, you can just do this:

1. Set Input Type to Series
2. Set Episode Order to Absolute Order
3. Set Series Format to {order.airdate.plex}

That'll do it. Please try that first, and once we're generally happy with how it works, we can make modifications to the format. Though I recommend sticking to the {plex} default.

:idea: You are correct that Anime Format no longer matters. Anime / AniDB don't have SxE numbers. If you want SxE numbers, then your Anime are TV Shows for all accounts and purposes, matched with TheTVDB data and renamed according to your Series Format, like any other TV Show.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Tdoc

Post by Tdoc »

Thanks Rednoah, quick as always

I am using Filebot Node, my synology is doing all the work and play as well over the network all the file to TV's

I think you are refering to a solution filebot Windows ? Am I right ?

I dont use plex (tried it dont like it) I use Mizuu (on Andoid minix box, unfortunetly the developer is not develping any more due to health issues) it is fast and simple to use and very nice on TV, with no need for client server thing. And the naming convension is very very close to plex

can you review what I wrote before to achieve the goal ?

thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

My post above explains how to convert Absolute numbered files to SxE numbered files using the FileBot Node WebUI:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9686&p=41231#p41227

If anything is unclear, please let me know what you've tried, and how it's not working the way you want. Screenshots and console output are immensely helpful as well for us to see what you're trying to do.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.