Failed to process [...] because [...] is an exact copy and already exists

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy / FileBot scripting, shell scripts, etc
plittlefield

Post by plittlefield » 27 Aug 2018, 12:17

I already had 4 episodes of a TV show but when I want to copy and skip the remaining episodes, it stops and fails...

Code: Select all

filebot --action copy --conflict skip -rename --format "{n} {s00e00}" --output "/home/paully/Plex/TV/House" "/home/paully/Downloads/Videos/ToDo/House MD Season 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 + Extras DVDRip TSV/Season 1/" -non-strict
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [House MD]
Fetching episode data for [House]
Processed 0 files
Failed to process [/home/paully/Downloads/Videos/ToDo/House MD Season 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 + Extras DVDRip TSV/Season 1/House MD Season 1 Episode 01 - Pilot.avi] because [/home/paully/Plex/TV/House/House S01E01.avi] is an exact copy and already exists
Failure (°_°)
I have tried all 3 conflict options of auto, override and skip and each one results the same error of "already exists."

In the end, I deleted the 4 episodes I already had, and then ran the same command line without the override option and it completed OK, but it still does not answer the problem, or maybe I did something wrong?

Thanks,

Paully

rednoah
The Source

Re: --conflict not working?

Post by rednoah » 27 Aug 2018, 17:19

This warning is completely unrelated to the --conflict option:

This error message means that you're somehow processing the exact same file twice, and this error message is basically a sanity check to make sure you're not doing something strange. It prevents you from accidentally processing the same files over and over again. If you repeatedly run FileBot on the same files, you need to use some sort of logic to call FileBot only of files that haven't been processed with FileBot before.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.

plittlefield

Re: Failed to process [...] because [...] is an exact copy and already exists

Post by plittlefield » 28 Aug 2018, 10:02

It seems strange how the

--action test
option (which I ran first) works just fine and says that 4 files will be skipped!?!

It also seems strange how it DID work when I deleted the files that SHOULD have been skipped.

So, is there a 'clear memory' option, so that I can run the command and do this next time I need to... or will I have to delete any files that are already there again?

Sorry, I am slightly confused :?

Paul
FileBot 4.8.2 (r5789)
JNA Native: 5.2.2
MediaInfo: 18.05
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2018-09-28 (r535)
Groovy: 2.5.1
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 10.0.2
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 3 GB Max Memory / 64 MB Used Memory
HW: Linux nas 4.4.0-130-generic #156-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 14 08:53:28 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Package: DEB

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah » 28 Aug 2018, 10:50

--action test doesn't access any files, so IO errors, so no sanity checks, no --conflict actions, etc.

If you delete the file that should been skipped, either source or destination, then FileBot can't tell that your way of doing things is not ideal, because it'll look as if you're processing the file for the first time.

There is no way to clear memory, because the destination file is the memory. We shouldn't be talking about how we can trick FileBot into letting you do things you probably shouldn't. We should rather have a look at what you are doing, what you are trying to achieve, why you are doing things the way you are doing them, and then maybe find a better solution or approach. ;)

:!: I see many issue with the command you posted, most notably you seem to be organizing for Plex, but completely ignore the plex naming standard in multiple ways (series folder name does not match series name, no season folder, no title in episode, etc).

:idea: Maybe you just want to process recently added files? How come you process the same files again in the first place?

plittlefield

Post by plittlefield » 28 Aug 2018, 15:14

Hey, thanks for the detailed reply :-)

I have acquired files in one folder and wanted to copy them to the Plex folder with the naming convention that my usual command line FileBot + Transmission script works with and which Plex is happy with (at least it works for me!)

This time, becuase the folder size was HUGE, I had started to copy the files from Downloaded folder A to Plex folder B by hand and did 4 of them:-

cp -av /path/to/downloaded/file.mkv /path/to/Plex/House/House S01E01.mkv
Then, I suddenly thought I can save some time by using FileBot to rename them and copy them at the same time.

It worked, and Plex is happy but just stumbled with the 4 files I had already copied by hand.

Like I say, I normally use a bigger BASH command line with the script:amc and ut_title etc which works every time.

This one time I wanted to do it "by hand" and use FileBot (4.8) to copy the files for me...

...see what I mean?

Thanks,

Paully
FileBot 4.8.2 (r5789)
HW: Linux nas 4.4.0-130-generic #156-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 14 08:53:28 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah » 29 Aug 2018, 04:19

I see. So normally this wouldn't be an issue then, since you can always just use FileBot the first time around. Without copying a few files manually first.

The amc script works better for incremental tasks because it keeps track of what files have or have not been processed yet. If you already have a transmission-post process script, you can actually just use that, so that automated calls and manual calls do exactly the same.

e.g.

export TR_TORRENT_DIR="/path/to/downloaded"
export TR_TORRENT_NAME="file.mkv"
./transmission-postprocess.sh
:idea: You can make your own helper script / function to do that in a single command.

plittlefield

Post by plittlefield » 29 Aug 2018, 06:47

Aaahh, nice... exported variables! :-)

I shall try and report back later.

Thanks,

Paully
FileBot 4.8.2 (r5789)

cgacord

Post by cgacord » 06 Dec 2018, 14:04

When you use --conflict skip, shouldn't filebot see there is a conflict at the destination, stop processing the file, and then move on to the next file for processing?

For some reason when I run into any conflicts, filebot reports the conflict and then quits, not processing anymore files.

Is there an option that will let filebot continue after failing due to a conflict?

Thanks

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah » 06 Dec 2018, 14:30

Yes, this is typically the result if you process the same files over and over, for no good reason, abusing limited resources and breaking things for everyone.

Failed to process [...] because [...] is an exact copy and already exists indicates that there's something seriously broken with how you do things, and instead of working anyway, it forces you to fix things and do it right.

:?: What exactly are you doing?

:?: Why are you processing the exact same file into the exact same path more than once?

:?: Why not only process new files?