AMC script exiting without processing any files: Done Ńâż(´╝

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Mimo

AMC script exiting without processing any files: Done Ńâż(´╝

Post by Mimo »

Hi,

recently I have set up the Automated Media Center script to run locally on a folder containing media files and it worked very well.
Without any changes I've tried running it today only to find out that it exits with a weird string:

Parameter: music = n
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: backdrops = y
Parameter: clean = y
Parameter: plex = MyServer
Parameter: xbmc = MyServer
Argument: X:\MediaFiles
Done Ńâż(´╝áÔîĺŃâ╝Ôîĺ´╝á)ŃâÄ

It is running on windows xp, I have no idea why or how it doesn't work anymore, I haven't changed anything, and have tried different settings (escaping the "\", using "/"). Other filebot functions (i.e. getting subtitles) do work.
The only thing I could think of is, could it be some recent java issue (update)?

Thanks for any idea!
Mimo

Re: AMC script exiting without processing any files: Done Ńâ

Post by Mimo »

Well, it looks like it was a stupid thing like folder name or a weird character.
Because when I've tried to run the script on manually renamed folder it went through.

Would still like to know if possible what is the weird string beside "Done" reporting?

Thought about deleting the thread but I think it could help someone other still...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It looks like there is no media files in that folder.

This is what it says in UTF-8:

Code: Select all

Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
Windows console is somehow limited with output charsets and messes things up. It's just visual, in the logs written to file it'll display fine.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Mimo

Post by Mimo »

rednoah wrote:It looks like there is no media files in that folder.

This is what it says in UTF-8:

Code: Select all

Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
Windows console is somehow limited with output charsets and messes things up. It's just visual, in the logs written to file it'll display fine.
Thanks!

Well there were media files in subfolders.
What I did was rename a (parent) folder and then run it in a single subfolder (as an Argument:, ie. X:/Media/Show/Season 1), which then worked, but after that running it for the parent folder (Argument: X:/Media/Show), worked too...
The only other thing I tried changing was "\" for "/" characters in batch (.bat) file (using call function), although the "\" character worked before...

Anyway it does its job magically!