Forgotten Script

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Alcarne

Forgotten Script

Post by Alcarne »

I set up Filebot years ago to detect when a new video file appeared in a temporary folder for either TV shows or Movies downloaded via SABnzbd.

I have been through the forum but I can't remember how I did this. I vaguely remember having a script saved somewhere.

Please can you tell me how to determine what scripts are running through the CLI and where they are saved?

I'm on Windows 10.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Forgotten Script

Post by rednoah »

The amc script is the most popular script for newcomer and veterans alike.

A list of built-in script is available here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5

:idea: The script jar is managed in the cloud, so the script files aren't saved anywhere per se.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Alcarne

Post by Alcarne »

Thank you I have read both of these posts. But I don't know what is triggering amc. Is it monitoring a folder for new files?
I don't know where to find the script to edit it.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The amc script does not watch files for new folders. It's a command-line tool. As such, it gets called by you, then it runs and does it's thing, then it exits.

You can't edit the amc script. You can however create your own PowerShell or CMD script and then call the amc script from there.

:idea: It's not that hard, but it's also not that easy if you're not familiar with the command-line yet. If you're interested in automation, I'd start by Googling a few tutorials and once you figure out how the command-line works, and how command-line tools work, then filebot will make sense.

:idea: Not everyone has the time to get cozy with the command-line. Presets can help you automate away a few steps in the GUI. Easy is good.
Alcarne

Post by Alcarne »

I really appreciate your help but I feel you're not getting me.

I must have made a Powershell or CMD script in the past which is renaming and sorting my downloads. I just don't know where it is or how to find it.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you've written your own PowerShell or CMD script, then that would be a local file on your computer somewhere. FileBot doesn't know where you store your files. Conceptually, your script calls filebot, but filebot doesn't know anything about your script.

:arrow: Look at all the integration examples of setting up the amc script with 3rd party tools. Perhaps it'll spark a memory. If you are calling filebot but don't know how, then it would look something like that.
Alcarne

Post by Alcarne »

Thanks again. It's my mistake. I was getting confused over which clients were handling which downloads.