License flagged because reactivations: Glib-ERROR, Glib-GObject-WARNING

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
glito

License flagged because reactivations: Glib-ERROR, Glib-GObject-WARNING

Post by glito »

Hi there.
So I've just received a mail notifying the continuous license reactivation and found out these errors come up very often.

------------
------------

So I guess it crashes in some files and then resets the license and cache before continuying (perfectly) with the next one, until some other error comes up, and so on...

Here my sysinfo:
*storage blurred out for privacy reasons, but there is ample.

I call filebot in a loop to parse every movie in a folder and pass some arguments to a script to move other files in each folder around (extras and the like)

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "$CONFIG_OUTPUT" --action move --conflict auto -non-strict --log info --log-file amc.log --def unsorted=n music=n artwork=y ignore='Extras' ignore='Featurettes' ut_dir="$CONFIG_INPUT/$i" ut_kind="multi" ut_title="$INPUT_NAME" ut_label="$INPUT_LABEL" --def movieFormat=@"$LOCAL_ROOT/bin/MovieFormat.groovy" --def exec="$LOCAL_ROOT/bin/manage.sh \"{folder}\" \"$CONFIG_INPUT\" \"$i\" \"$LOGFILE\""
Any idea of what could be possibly happening?

Thanks for your kind help!
rednoah
The Source

Re: License flagged because reactivations: Glib-ERROR, Glib-GObject-WARNING

Post by rednoah »

I'd guess that "unclean shutdown" is the keyword here. That typically means that FileBot didn't exit normally, but crashed or was killed. That can lead to issues in certain circumstances.

:idea: The GLIB warnings can probably be ignored. Unless you're running the portable executable from a remote network share.

:idea: Getting GLIB warnings at all when you're using the command-line is a bit strange though. FileBot doesn't use GLIB unless you're using the GUI with Gnome Look-and-Feel and GVFS enabled.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
glito

Post by glito »

So yes, the system was killing filebot: it was the portable version in a shared dockerized server installation and the error is related to the threads and procs limits.

I managed to install Java 14 locally and with the latest "normal" filebot, for the time being, seems to work without crashing.

I will be posting any further development, but, yeah, it seems fine.

Thank you very much for your great attention.
glito

Post by glito »

So finally my license got banned.

The server I have the script running on have been down for some days due to security reasons and apparently now that it's up again, the automated filebot task has been killed every time: the activation count over these last days must had been on the hundreds...

The last setup I posted up here seemed to work fine and all, but alas not lately. Is there any way to lower resources consumption? Does a loop in the script to run filebot on every file until all files are done strain the resources? Is it maybe better to call filebot against the whole folder just once? The thing is, I use a loop so i can retrieve the processed file info to pass to the next script, which moves files around...

Anyway, I've just PMed you the license info to see if it can be reinstated.

As always, thanks for your kind sup̀port.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

glito wrote: 05 Jul 2020, 20:22 Is there any way to lower resources consumption?
What specific resource(s) are we talking about?

JVM options such as -Xmx will allow you to limit max. heap memory:

export JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx256m"
filebot -script fn:sysinfo
glito

Post by glito »

Th̀ank you for your reply.

Yes, I am aware of the java option and do use it, but the resources it seems to hog are threads. The most common error I see is related to the number of threads used. I am aware that dockerized installations come with such limit in threads, so I wondered if there is any way use of running filebot keeping that count lower.

Thanks again.
PS: hope to hear about the license issue. But if it continues to crash I am afraid filebot is not for my setup, tho.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'm not aware of any way that would allow you to limit hardware threads on current JVMs.

What does the error say exactly? How many threads are allowed and how many is FileBot spawning?

I've unbanned your license so it should work again.

EDIT:

Have you tried -XX:ActiveProcessorCount yet?
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8146115

export JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx256m -XX:ActiveProcessorCount=1"
filebot -script fn:sysinfo | grep CPU

CPU/MEM: 1 Core / 259 MB Max Memory / 37 MB Used Memory