how to show log on command prompt screen

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
joaomelo

how to show log on command prompt screen

Post by joaomelo »

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for filebot, is the ultime media center tool.

I'm setting up my environment to incorporate the AMC script. I did a lot of testing in windows command prompt (CMD) and it worked just fine. But i wasn't able to reproduce the stand alone tutorial video (http://youtu.be/brGyo2uQzSs) behavior for showing all the log in the screen. All my commands ends immediately after hitting enter key and keep running in the background.

This is the command: filebot -script fn:amc --output "f:/fileserver/temp2" -non-strict "f:/fileserver/temp1" --def music=n --def subtitles=en --def artwork=y --def gmail=bla:bla --def deleteAfterExtract=y --def clean=y --def excludeList=amc.txt --log-file amc.log

I also have tried without the log parameter and putting "call" before "filebot" with the same results.

Can someone helpme in how to make the command run completely on cmd screen with all the logs been show?

Thanks again.

PS: This is all happing in a windows 8.0 pc
PS: I'm from Brazil so sorry for my english.
Ithiel
Power² User

Re: how to show log on command prompt screen

Post by Ithiel »

If I'm understanding you correctly, your saying that your script works, but you want to see the contents of the log file after it has run?

Assuming that to be the case, it may be easiest to simply create a batch file, run your filebot script from there, and then call the log file afterwards in the batch file.

I.e. make a file called amc.cmd and add this:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "f:/fileserver/temp2" -non-strict "f:/fileserver/temp1" --def music=n --def subtitles=en --def artwork=y --def gmail=bla:bla --def deleteAfterExtract=y --def clean=y --def excludeList=amc.txt --log-file amc.log
%appdata%\FileBot\logs\amc.log
exit /b
Note: The above assumes you're running Windows, as "%appdata%\FileBot\logs\" is there the log files are stored on Windows systems, so you may need to update the second line there to include the correct.

Does that help? :-)
There can be only one Power² User