[AMC] Binding {n} does not yield "Quantum Leap (2022)" anymore

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Mortyfar

[AMC] Binding {n} does not yield "Quantum Leap (2022)" anymore

Post by Mortyfar »

Hi, something happened after v5/v5.1
Filebot fails to identify the year in the filename, this has worked fine before v5.
Maybe I am supposed to add something to my script I don't know, hope you can help me out here.

My command-line script:

Code: Select all

-script fn:amc --log-file d:/bittorrent/filebot/amc.log --output "d:/bittorrent/filebot" --action move --conflict skip -no-xattr -non-strict "d:/bittorrent/rename" --def minLengthMS=0 --def movieFormat="e:/movies/{n.replace(':',' -')} ({y})/{n.replace(':',' -')} ({y})" seriesFormat="d:/series/{n}/{episode.special ? 'Season 0' : 'Season '+s}/{n} - {episode.special ? 'S00E'+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {t} { '(' + fn.match(/(?i)proper|repack/).lower().upperInitial() + ')' }" --def excludeList=d:/bittorrent/filebot/amc_exclude.txt
Log output:

Run script [fn:amc] at [Wed Mar 22 09:44:05 CET 2023]

[PSA] Important Discussion of Proposed Changes:
https://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13406

Parameter: minLengthMS = 0
Parameter: movieFormat = e:/movies/{n.replace(':',' -')} ({y})/{n.replace(':',' -')} ({y})
Parameter: seriesFormat = d:/series/{n}/{episode.special ? 'Season 0' : 'Season '+s}/{n} - {episode.special ? 'S00E'+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {t} { '(' + fn.match(/(?i)proper|repack/).lower().upperInitial() + ')' }
Parameter: excludeList = d:/bittorrent/filebot/amc_exclude.txt
Argument[0]: D:\BitTorrent\Rename
Use excludes: d:\bittorrent\filebot\amc_exclude.txt (0)
Input: D:\BitTorrent\Rename\Quantum.Leap.2022.S01E16.Ben.Interrupted.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv
Group: {Series=Quantum Leap} => [Quantum.Leap.2022.S01E16.Ben.Interrupted.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv]
Rename episodes using [TheMovieDB] with [Airdate Order]
Lookup via [Quantum Leap, Quantum Leap] [Quantum Leap 2022]
Fetching episode data for [Quantum Leap]
└─ 18 episodes
Fetching episode data for [Quantum Leap]
└─ 97 episodes
[MOVE] from [D:\BitTorrent\Rename\Quantum.Leap.2022.S01E16.Ben.Interrupted.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv] to [d:\series\Quantum Leap\Season 1\Quantum Leap - S01E16 - Ben, Interrupted.mkv]
Processed 1 file
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
Where it should be detecting [Quantum Leap 2022] it does not.
I have been using this script for years, but now, for some reason, the year it not taken into account?
This happens to 3 different shows so far that I have caught, so I am guessing it's an overall issue?

Hope there is a simple solution to this.
Cheers
rednoah
The Source

Re: "year" is not taken into the lookup

Post by rednoah »

The amc script has switched to using TheMovieDB/TV by default, as opposed to TheTVDB, but you can explicitly set one or the other if you want to revert back to the previous defaults:
viewtopic.php?t=13406

And so the naming may be slightly different:
* https://thetvdb.com/series/quantum-leap-2022 (using the year as part of the series name to make the series name unique is a TheTVDB thing)
* https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/202102-quantum-leap

:?: Do you want to use TheTVDB or TheMovieDB/TV?

:?: Are you organizing files for Plex / Emby / etc? Did you choose TheTVDB or TheMovieDB/TV as database in the library settings?

:arrow: You can use the {ny} Name (Year) binding in your custom format to have FileBot format the series information irregardless of source database. This will always include the year, not just sometimes for some series.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Mortyfar

Re: [AMC] Binding {n} does not yield "Quantum Leap (2022)" anymore

Post by Mortyfar »

Okay, I will look into switching to thetvdb.
I am using Kodi, witch is set up to use thetvdb database.

On a side note I am wondering how themoviedb/tv sorts out the old show from the new.
I.e. I have both shows of quantum leap. So if the naming is the same without year, how does that separate?
Edit: nwm just read the forum post you linked, it explains this :)

I might look into the "{ny} Name (Year) binding" but that would mean renaming everything and rebuilding my db... so hmm... :)

Cheers for your quick reply :)
rednoah
The Source

Re: [AMC] Binding {n} does not yield "Quantum Leap (2022)" anymore

Post by rednoah »

You can add the following options to switch back to the v4 default databases:

--def movieDB=TheMovieDB seriesDB=TheTVDB animeDB=AniDB musicDB=ID3

I also recommend using the {plex.id} format regardless of which database you choose, because the numeric database ID is really the only thing that is really unique nowadays, and will help Kodi lookup the correct series quickly and reliably even in the most edgy of edge cases:

--def movieFormat="{plex.id}" seriesFormat="{plex.id}" animeFormat="{plex.id}" musicFormat="{plex.id}"

:idea: If you have xattr metadata on all your files, then re-processing all files might just be easy-peasy. Read Re-organize previously organized files using local xattr metadata for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.