Log to Spreadsheet

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
te5s3rakt

Log to Spreadsheet

Post by te5s3rakt »

Hi there,

So... At present I have filebot renaming my media files, and outputting the log to gmail and pushbullet (was considering moving totally to it for logging)... I find though I don't always review the log straight away, and pushbullet isn't the best for searching for old logs... Gmail as it searches email contents is pretty good...

What I'd like to do now though is neither... I'd like every new file rename to update a spreadsheet (perhaps a local .csv file?)... Perhaps in the similar format that display in a gmail log... thinking the columns would be Time stamp (date-time), original filename, new filename, new location...

Is this possible? or perhaps a new feature to be requested?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Log to Spreadsheet

Post by rednoah »

Have you looked into --def storeReport=y for storing the HTML reports locally?

Besides, that data you want is always stored in the rename history so you can always check things there, or generate csv files, or search, or whatever.

@see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p2459
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
te5s3rakt

Post by te5s3rakt »

the script fn:history looks like what i'm chasing... just a couple of questions though...

is there a list of formats somewhere to refer to... just was looking to add a timestamp per line... so was looking to get lines like
Date-Time <tab> source dir/file <tab> destination dir/file

Also is there a way to just pull the latest entries to add to a csv file, instead of pulling all the renames ever?

Thanks heaps :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can do this:
--format specify your own line format, e.g. --format '${from}\t${to}' if you want tab-separated paths
There's no way to output / limit / filter the rename date via the history script though.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.