uTorrent and separate directories for TV or Movies

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
russco

uTorrent and separate directories for TV or Movies

Post by russco »

I'm using uTorrent (2.2.1 of course...) and currently things are set up so that this script runs when torrents finish:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "F:/TV" --def "seriesFormat=F:/TV/{n}/{'Season '+s}/{n} - {sxe} - {t}{'.'+lang}" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"  --def xbmc=My-PC
Now this works great with TV shows. The problem though is with movies, which are sorted to a 'movies' folder within F:\TV rather than the F:\Films folder I'd prefer them to be in.

How do I rectify this?

Also as a side issue, how do I hide the console window when the files are processing? I saw that I should try "filebot.launcher" instead of just "filebot" but that doesn't seem to do anything. I ran filebot.launcher from the command prompt just to test, and from various directories, it ran just fine.

Thanks for your time!
rednoah
The Source

Re: uTorrent and separate directories for TV or Movies

Post by rednoah »

I highly recommend using a proper root folder for all your media:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "F:/Media"
Besides, why are you overriding the *Format parameter. In your case the default should do just fine. But if you start overriding seriesFormat you probably want to override movieFormat as well. I recommend sticking with the default and just setting --output folder. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
russco

Post by russco »

So if I change my current script to output "F:/Media" it will sort everything into F:/Media/TV and F:/Media/Films?

Or should I just make your code my whole script?
russco

Post by russco »

Ahh okay I think I understand you.

I'll keep F:/TV and F:/Films as I really can't be bothered to have to re-add all my media to XBMC.

But, what you're saying is that I need something like:

--def "seriesFormat=F:/TV/{n}/{'Season '+s}/{n} - {sxe} - {t}{'.'+lang}"
But for movies as well.

Correct?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Pretty much. But don't forget that --output needs to be set even if you don't need it for the formats.

Try:

--output "F:" --def "seriesFormat=TV/..." "movieFormat=Movies/..."
russco

Post by russco »

So something like this?

filebot -script fn:amc --output "F:" --def "seriesFormat=F:/TV/{n}/{'Season '+s}/{n} - {sxe} - {t}{'.'+lang}" "movieFormat=F:/Films/{n}" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"  --def xbmc=My-PC
Sorry to ask rather than test, but my patience for downloading a film just to trial and error test one script wears a little thin... :D
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That's why you test in the cmdline, and only paste it into uTorrent once you know it's working. :P

Looks good, but I'm not a computer. ;)

You might run into issues with your movie format along the line though, same-name-different-year, multi-part movies, etc

@see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2#p51
russco

Post by russco »

Okay, so I ran into an issue, as you correctly predicted.

Here's the log:

Parameter: seriesFormat = F:/TV/{n}/{'Season '+s}/{n} - {sxe} - {t}{'.'+lang}
Parameter: movieFormat = F:/Films/{n}
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: ut_label = 
Parameter: ut_state = 5
Parameter: ut_title = [ www.TorrentDay.com ] - Trailer.Park.Boys.Dont.Legalize.It.2014.NOTSURE.X264.AC3.NOGRP
Parameter: ut_kind = %K
Parameter: ut_file = 
Parameter: ut_dir = F:\Unsorted\[ www.TorrentDay.com ] - Trailer.Park.Boys.Dont.Legalize.It.2014.NOTSURE.X264.AC3.NOGRP
Parameter: xbmc = My-PC
Exclude: F:\Unsorted\[ www.TorrentDay.com ] - Trailer.Park.Boys.Dont.Legalize.It.2014.NOTSURE.X264.AC3.NOGRP\Downloaded from [ www.torrenting.com ].txt
Exclude: F:\Unsorted\[ www.TorrentDay.com ] - Trailer.Park.Boys.Dont.Legalize.It.2014.NOTSURE.X264.AC3.NOGRP\Screens\vlcsnap-2014-07-29-23h13m17s249.png
Exclude: F:\Unsorted\[ www.TorrentDay.com ] - Trailer.Park.Boys.Dont.Legalize.It.2014.NOTSURE.X264.AC3.NOGRP\Screens\vlcsnap-2014-07-29-23h13m50s71.png
Exclude: F:\Unsorted\[ www.TorrentDay.com ] - Trailer.Park.Boys.Dont.Legalize.It.2014.NOTSURE.X264.AC3.NOGRP\Screens\vlcsnap-2014-07-29-23h13m58s151.png
Exclude: F:\Unsorted\[ www.TorrentDay.com ] - Trailer.Park.Boys.Dont.Legalize.It.2014.NOTSURE.X264.AC3.NOGRP\Screens\vlcsnap-2014-07-29-23h14m17s84.png
Exclude: F:\Unsorted\[ www.TorrentDay.com ] - Trailer.Park.Boys.Dont.Legalize.It.2014.NOTSURE.X264.AC3.NOGRP\Screens\vlcsnap-2014-07-29-23h14m36s14.png
Exclude: F:\Unsorted\[ www.TorrentDay.com ] - Trailer.Park.Boys.Dont.Legalize.It.2014.NOTSURE.X264.AC3.NOGRP\Trailer Park Boys 3_ Don't Legalize It.mkv
Exclude: F:\Unsorted\[ www.TorrentDay.com ] - Trailer.Park.Boys.Dont.Legalize.It.2014.NOTSURE.X264.AC3.NOGRP\Trailer Park Boys 3_ Don't Legalize It.Sample.mkv
Exclude: F:\Unsorted\[ www.TorrentDay.com ] - Trailer.Park.Boys.Dont.Legalize.It.2014.NOTSURE.X264.AC3.NOGRP\trailer.Park.Boys.Dont.Legalize.It.2014.NOTSURE.X264.AC3.NOGRP.NFO
Exclude: F:\Unsorted\[ www.TorrentDay.com ] - Trailer.Park.Boys.Dont.Legalize.It.2014.NOTSURE.X264.AC3.NOGRP\www.torrenting.com.txt
No files selected for processing
Failure (°_°)
Where do you think I've gone wrong?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Nope, this is completely different.

The amc script will not process files that contain words like "Trailer". See code for details on all the patterns (since it's continuously updated).

So this one show Trailer Park Boys you have to do "manually" with the FileBot GUI application. ;)
russco

Post by russco »

Okay, yeah actually I think I remember reading something about this where someone else had the same problem with Trailer Park Boys.

Thanks very much for your help, it's really appreciated.