So I wrote a windows CLI script using Filebot and called it uFiler, you can find all the info on it, including source code and download links at ufiler.wordpress.com
Here are a few highlights of what it can do that the amc script doesn't:
- Copy operations performed when downloads begin seeding only, and move operations begin when downloads are finished
- Includes an exe version of uFiler (i.e. uFiler.exe in addition to uFiler.bat) which runs invisibly\silently
- Has a force run mode\argument
- When updating Plex libraries, scans\refreshes only the folders that have changes, so updates take seconds instead of 30 min or longer (depending on your library size)
- Conflicts set to "auto" by default (i.e. duplicates overwritten only if resolution detected to be superior) but if a "TV" labeled torrent name contains "proper" or "repack" the conflict setting changes to "override". This means that corrected "repack" and "proper" TV downloads will automatically replace their buggy versions even when Filebot can't detect the new file is better.
- send customizable Kodi\XBMC notifications when downloads start\finish to an unlimited number of machines (supports unique passwords, ports, etc.)
- simple move\copy operations to variable locations depending on the label used (i.e. support customizing the location on the fly using labels
- starting teamviewer
- killing tasks
- a couple other minor things
Big thanks to rednoah, without his help I would have had a near impossible time improving my script. Originally I wrote it using therenamer instead of FileBot and called it theRenamerHelper, but FileBot is infinitely superior than theRenamer, I wish I had found and used it in the first place!
Below I've pasted just the high level description of uFiler. It's very easy to configure so check it out.
uFiler is a windows application designed to be launched by uTorrent to performs various functions when downloads are queued and/or finished. Torrent labels such as “TV”, “Movie”, “teamviewer” or “-m —-Nas–NewDownloads” etc. can be used to automate tasks like organizing your media library as it downloads, downloading subtitles, moving or copying downloads to whatever folder(s) you choose, all while sending optional notifications/updates to an unlimited number of Kodi/XBMC or Plex machines when downloads start or complete, and the list goes on with even more functions like launching teamviewer, killing tasks, etc.
- When torrents labelled “TV” or “Movie” are queued, uFiler can optionally send notifications to Kodi/XBMC machine(s) with the download name
- When a “TV” or “Movie” torrent is completed uFiler will:
- Automatically rename and move/copy new videos to your organized media library location
- Clean your TV/Movie downloads folder of useless nfo, txt, uTorrent dat files, sample videos and empty folders (not done for copy operations to avoid seeding disruption)
- Download missing subtitles for new videos (optional)
- Launch local installation of Kodi/XBMC (optional)
- Update one or more Kodi/XBMC libraries (optional)
- Send on-screen Kodi/XBMC notifications with proper names for each video automatically added to library (optional)
- Update Plex libraries instantly by only scanning folders with new content (optional)
- All Kodi/XBMC notifications can be customized, enabled or disabled for each specific machine/host.
- Utilizing different labels, uFiler can simply move or copy “Finished” downloads to locations of your choosing and optionally send popup notifications to Kodi/XBMC machines.
- Using the labels “teamviewer” and “kill teamviewer”, uFiler can launch or force close teamviewer (if installed).
- Change the app name in the “kill ” label to customize what processes to force close (e.g. “kill kodi” will force close Kodi.exe, if running).
- Bonus Utility 1: “Get New Subs.exe” or “Get New Subs.bat” will search for and download missing subtitles for your videos that are less than two weeks old.
- Bonus Utility 2: XBMCmessenger.html can quickly and easily send custom messages/popups to any Kodi/XBMC machine.
- Bonus Utility 3: xbmcLibrary.exe or xbmcLibrary.bat can be used to just send update commands to your Kodi/XBMC library or libraries.
- Bonus Utility 4: xbmc_exporter.bat can export your Kodi/XBMC library.