[Question] Processing folder as a file at cli

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Corey3443

[Question] Processing folder as a file at cli

Post by Corey3443 »

Hello,

Just wondering how you replicate the control+shift drag and drop action in cli. So instead of processing the folders contents i want to process the folder itself. I know i can include a folder path in the rename string when processing files, but i wish to keep these tasks separate for a reason.

Couldn't find it using google or searching on the forum (might not have worded it correctly tho)

Trying to integrate this into a massive custom script that is cron'd each night.

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Question] Processing folder as a file at cli

Post by rednoah »

@see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p2211

If you run things daily you better make extra sure that you're not processing the same files/folders over and over. You will get banned if you waste resources of other services.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Corey3443

Post by Corey3443 »

rednoah wrote:@see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p2211
Dunno how i missed "target" switch. I read that thread twice. fail =)
rednoah wrote: If you run things daily you better make extra sure that you're not processing the same files/folders over and over. You will get banned if you waste resources of other services.
All the files are logged, check-summed, renamed than moved and linked; so only time they will be reprocessed is if a new higher quality copy is placed in the target folder or if i force it. so should be fine.

Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Alright, sounds like you know what you're doing. :ugeek:
Corey3443

Post by Corey3443 »

Sorry to be a pain but i just had some times to test this and it didn't work. Is --target only available to that script (not a general cmd) because no matter what it seems to process the contents of the folder, not the folder itself.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

--target=folder is only available in the script (see source) and it's not possible to "force folder mode" in normal -rename calls.

You think you need to rename the movie folders rather than the files you should think again exactly why you need that rather than sorting files into a new clean structure.