Filebot Newb...

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
gregthomas

Filebot Newb...

Post by gregthomas »

Hi, I am new to filebot and would like a little help with the utorrent automation script. After figuring out that java wasn't in my environment variables, it seems to be running, but I'm not sure if it's successful or not. I get a window that pops up and says "-" is not a valid option and then it closes. I can't find any logs anywhere, so I added 2>&1>logfile.txt to the end of the command in utorrent, but the file was blank. Here is what I have pasted in utorrent:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "E:\" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def subtitles=y artwork=y gmail=gregthomas129:******* xbmc=192.168.1.121:8152 "ut_dir=%D" "ut_file=%F" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" 2>&1>logfile.txt
Does this look correct?

Also, I'm running Windows 7 and Java 7.
Thanks! Greg
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot Newb...

Post by rednoah »

You can check the utorrent log for the cmdline that is executed. Just copy that into a new cmd window and run it again so you can see all the console output. You probably just messed up the cmdline syntax a bit somewhere.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

xbmc=192.168.1.121:8152 => IP:Port doesn't work here. It's hard-coded to the default port 9090 and you'll have to modify the script to change that.
gregthomas

Post by gregthomas »

OK, I'll get rid of the port and change my port inside xbmc to 9090. Are you sure it's 9090 though? The default port on my xbmc install was 8080.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Is there any official docs on what the standard port is? I think it used to be 9090 but since the API has had major changes since then maybe that has changed as well.
gregthomas

Post by gregthomas »

Here is the official XBMC wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC

There seems to be a problem with their site at the moment so I wasn't able to find the default webserver port. However, looking at a various sites on the subject I'm about 99% sure the default port is 8080.

I still am not able to work out my issues with the filebot script. I changed my port in xbmc to match the script (9090) and removed the port # from my utorrent command line but I still get no movement or renaming of files.

I pasted the command for utorrent directly from the script post on the forum and only changed the path to my files... still nothing. I can run it straight from the command line and rename and move files, I just can't get the script to work.

Also, where are the utorrent logs saved? I can't seem to find any.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Alright, I'll change the port to 8080 then. It's using the tcp/telnet interface, but I suppose that's all activated together. You uTorrent UI has a log tab that shows errors and cmdline calls.

So it renames and email is sent? And it says it's notifying XMBC but nothing happens? I don't use XBMC so there is a chance it might be broken, maybe you can make xbmc log API calls so we can check if at least the connection works, possibly the update commands changed for the new version?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

With a telnet connection (using PuTTY on Windows or telnet on Linux) to port 9090 of the machine running XBMC it is possible to send and receive raw json data to/from XBMC.
This is what is says on the JSON-RPC wiki so I'll leave it at 9090. Note that filebot is using the JSON-RPC API via the telnet interface.
gregthomas

Post by gregthomas »

No problem on the port. So it seems that utorrent v3.2 doesn't have the logging capability, or at least I couldn't find it. I installed v2.2 and the logging tab is there. It think my problem has to do with how I'm outputting the renamed files. I switched it from "E:\" to "E:\TV Shows" and it worked. It's sending the files to the wrong place (E:\TV Shows\TV Shows) but it is working. How can I get this to work correctly? Also, my utorrent files go to E:\utorrent\Downloading and are then moved to E:\utorrent\New Shows by utorrent when finished if this makes any difference.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Have you tried --output "E:" or --output "E:/"? I guess the last \ escapes the " in the cmdline call so the arguments you hand into filebot are totally messed up.
gregthomas

Post by gregthomas »

Yep, worked absolutely flawless! Thanks for your help!!!
gregthomas

Post by gregthomas »

Hey I wondered how hard it would be to have the script bypass itself based on a label. Eg. I download something for someone else that I don't want in my personal library, so I set the utorrent label to "bypass", the filebot script runs, catches this label and exits. I can do this by starting a batch file to check for the label then running the script from the batch file but I'm sure building into the script would be a lot cleaner.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That's already in there. It's flat out ignoring anything labeled as other, music, book, etc Check forceIgnore() in the script for details.