Script leaving extra copy

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
darcnl

Script leaving extra copy

Post by darcnl »

Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster. Love the program and enjoy the scripting flexibility!

I currently use uTorrent v2.2.1 with the following script in the Options>Preferences>Advanced>Run Program feature:

"C:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.launcher.exe" -script fn:amc --output "K:/" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y subtitles=en artwork=n "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"

It works as should, with no errors, taking my finished torrent, uncompressing if needed, moving to a specified location, and sorts/renames the TV show/movie appropriately. Been using this script for a few months now, and have helped other friends to do the same. We all absolutely love it!

My issue is the torrent gets uncompressed & renamed to the original torrent location (ex: C:\TorrentFiles\NewTVShow\NewTVShow\NewTVShow.mp4) THEN it copies the file to its new destination, leaving another copy in the original torrent location. This, over time, fills-up my hard drive unnecessarily, requiring me to manually delete this unnecessary extra copy.

I've tried changing the '--action copy' command to '--action move' but only about 75% of the torrents I download are compressed. When the script encounters a torrent that isn't compressed, it simply moves the torrent to the new location (renaming and sorting) leaving the original torrent folder empty (which I cannot have, as I share what I download).

I've read the Automated Media Center sticky and tried altering my script to include '--def deleteAfterExtract=n' and '--def clean=y' along with '--action move' and also '--action copy' but it does not fix my issue (still empties the original torrent folder if not compressed). This is the script I tried using:

"C:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.launcher.exe" -script fn:amc --output "K:/" --log-file amc.log --action move --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y subtitles=en artwork=n --def deleteAfterExtract=n --def clean=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"

and this one:
"C:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.launcher.exe" -script fn:amc --output "K:/" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y subtitles=en artwork=n --def deleteAfterExtract=n --def clean=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"

Now I'm at a loss on what to do next. Is it possible for me to automate a move or copy function depending on whether or not the files are compressed? I feel the easiest solution would be to leave the --action to copy but have the script clean up the original folder afterwards... or to simply extra to the destination, as oppose to extract then copy.

I apologize if the answer to my question is in the forums, but I could not find it after searching and reading. I really appreciate anyone's help.

Thank you!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Script leaving extra copy

Post by rednoah »

This should do it:

Code: Select all

--action copy --def clean=y
If it doesn't work, what do the logs say?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
darcnl

Post by darcnl »

It works perfectly now! Thank you so much! Here is the complete script:

"C:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.launcher.exe" -script fn:amc --output "K:/" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y --def clean=y subtitles=en artwork=n "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"

I just tested it on 2 torrents (one needing uncompressing and the other not) and it works just as I need it to.

rednoah, you're the best. Thanks again!
Syndaction

Post by Syndaction »

You said you did the following already:

"I've read the Automated Media Center sticky and tried altering my script to include '--def deleteAfterExtract=n' and '--def clean=y' along with '--action move' and also '--action copy' but it does not fix my issue (still empties the original torrent folder if not compressed). This is the script I tried using"

That is exactly what you are doing with your new solution. What changed?