Renaming & Creating Folders for movies

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
OregonSNOB

Renaming & Creating Folders for movies

Post by OregonSNOB »

I am not too sure how to do any of this so please bare with me. I am very new to all of this scripting stuff and have looked through some of but not all posts relating to Renaming movies and then creating New Folders in which to place the newly renamed movies. I already have the movies in a folder where I want them to stay just in sub-folders in that same directory.

My Situation:
1. My Movies currently reside on my WDMyCloud (192.168.XXX.XXX\Shared Videos).
2. I used Filebot to rename all my movies in accordance with TheMovieDB. (Just have not moved them into separate folders.)
3. I opened a CMD window and typed the following:

filebot -rename -r "\\192.168.XXX.XXX\Public\Shared Videos/New folder" --db TheMovieDB --output "\\192.168.XXX.XXX\Public\Shared Videos/{n}/Videos/New {s}"
It returned the following:
Aug 24, 2015 7:35:55 PM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init>
WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
No media files: [\\192.168.XXX.XXX\Public\Shared Videos\New folder]
Failure (°_°)
What I would like to be able to do:
1. Take all my movies and rename them.
2. Then create new folders and automatically place the new movies in their respective folders.
3. If there are duplicate movies, I want to either delete the duplicate or place it in a "Duplicate" folder.
4. I would like to have the information also include the year it was released.

Any and all help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Joseph
skinsvpn

Re: Renaming & Creating Folders for movies

Post by skinsvpn »

Are your movies in "192.168.XXX.XXX\Shared Videos\" or "192.168.XXX.XXX\Shared Videos\New Folder\"?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Your --output parameter is very strange. I don't know what you're trying to do, but you can't use {bindings} in your --output value.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
OregonSNOB

Post by OregonSNOB »

Thank you for your replies. Sorry I have not had the chance to get back to you sooner.
skinsvpn wrote:Are your movies in "192.168.XXX.XXX\Shared Videos\" or "192.168.XXX.XXX\Shared Videos\New Folder\"?
*** My apologies, I made a mistake in my original post. My movies are all located in \\192.168.XXX.XXX\Public\Shared Videos

I have a WDMyCloud and have it set up with the file structure:

\\192.168.XXX.XXX\Public\Shared Videos
\Shared Videos
\Shared Pictures
\Shared Programs
\Shared Videos

So, I guess what I am trying to do is to rename the movies that are in the \Shared Videos folder, then create a "New Folder" with the movies name, and move the newly named movie into that folder.

ie. \\192.168.XXX.XXX\Public\Shared Videos\Misssion Ipossible I >>> \\192.168.XXX.XXX\Public\Shared Videos\Mission Impossible I\Mission Impossible I

Currently, I have:
1) A DLNA compatible TV (Toshiba 46G300U1).
2) Plex Media Server.
3) WDMyCloud 6TB NAS.
4) Tons of movies.

I would like to be able to stream my movies to the TV using my Plex Media Server enabled NAS. However, the media server currently only sees the folders that I created manually but not the movies that I placed in those folders (another issue for later). If FileBot can help automate the rename>create new folder>move movie to newly created folder, that would be very cool. Otherwise, the new few weeks are going to be long. I can work on the naming convention later once I can get the other things dealt with.

My issue is that I have very limited programming skills. It is hard for me to follow/understand the conventions used. Perusing the forums, I have seen some of what I am looking for but then I am not sure how to put it all together to make a complete program command to have it do what I want/need.

rednoah wrote:Your --output parameter is very strange. I don't know what you're trying to do, but you can't use {bindings} in your --output value.
rednoah, I do not understand programming languages very well. What are "Bindings"? Are those {} the bindings? Please again, bare with me and have patients.

Thank you again for replying and having patients with my ramblings and questions.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'd recommend using the amc script. It's more of an all-in-one solution.

@see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215#p1561

e.g.

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "\\192.168.XXX.XXX\Public\Media" -non-strict "\\192.168.XXX.XXX\Public\Shared Videos" --def ut_label=movie excludeList=amc.txt
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
OregonSNOB

Post by OregonSNOB »

So do I just copy this in a command line and execute with the obvious change in ip address?