Folder Action: Automated Media Center
In this example we will use Automator to watch a given folder for new files and pass them on to FileBot: Automated Media Center for processing.
- Make sure that the filebot console tools are installed and working:
Code: Select all
- Start Automator, click New Document and select Folder Action to create a new workflow
- Click the Choose folder combobox and select the folder you want to watch
- Drag a Run Shell Script (Utilities) action into your workflow
- Set the Pass input combobox to as arguments
- Paste following filebot command into your shell script workflow:
- Save your new workflow and close Automator
- Done! Newly added files will be processed fully automatically!
Finder Service: Automated Media Center
It's pretty much the same the above. I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader.