Getting filebot to work on a QNap NAS

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
SDub

Getting filebot to work on a QNap NAS

Post by SDub »

There's a few threads about this issue, but I believe mine is unique.

Like the other threads, I've installed Java via a qpkg. This version is 32bit, I can't seem to find a 64 bit version.

Code: Select all

# java -version
java version "1.8.0_06"
Java(TM) SE Embedded Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_06-b23, headless)
Java HotSpot(TM) Embedded Client VM (build 25.6-b23, mixed mode)
The architecture on this box is 64bit, something whipped up by the guys at qnap:

# uname -m
x86_64
When I run filebot from the command line, it works great. However, when I have transmission run filebot, nothing happens. I redirected the output and got this:

Unable to load i386 (32-bit) native library libmediainfo.so: Could not initialize class net.filebot.mediainfo.MediaInfoLibrary
Which means that I'm running 32bit java on a 64bit machine and likely 64bit filebot?

So the first thing I tried to do was go out and get 64bit JRE from Oracle, but when I've extracted it and test it, it doesn't like it:

# ./java
./java: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
Which apparently means that I'm running a 32bit library with the 64bit JRE which makes no sense because I extracted it directly from Oracle.

So my last idea is to run 32bit version of filebot for linux, but I can't seem to find it. Am I on the right track here?
SDub

Re: Getting filebot to work on a QNap NAS

Post by SDub »

OK I got to work and the only thing I did was reinstall java (the qpkg)....no reason why it should work but it does.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Getting filebot to work on a QNap NAS

Post by rednoah »

FileBot wrote:Unable to load i386 (32-bit) native library libmediainfo.so
This just means that FileBot can't load libmediainfo so MediaInfo related features won't work. FileBot will work just fine even if optional features like mediainfo and 7zip are not working.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.