Quick question about AMC and rtorrent-postprocess.sh

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
jfoor

Quick question about AMC and rtorrent-postprocess.sh

Post by jfoor »

Hey rednoah quick question,

I noticed the exec line for rtorrent.rc that's posted in the AMC thread is different than what's listed on the github.. I'm assuming the github is correct as it's the more current of the two. Just wanted to check.

From AMC thread:
system.method.set_key=event.download.finished,filebot,"execute={'`pwd`/rtorrent-postprocess.sh',$d.get_base_path=,$d.get_name=,$d.get_custom1=}"

From Git:
system.method.set_key=event.download.finished,filebot,"execute={rtorrent-postprocess.sh,$d.get_base_path=,$d.get_name=,$d.get_custom1=}"

Just wanted to make sure the github version is the one I should be using. Also would your answer change if I were using Filebot 4.6.1 and NOT 4.7.7?

Thank you for your time.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Quick question about AMC and rtorrent-postprocess.sh

Post by rednoah »

Neither is correct.

`pwd`/rtorrent-postprocess.sh will give you the absolute path assuming that rtorrent-postprocess.sh is in the current working directory. This is part of a bash command, and will not appear like this in the configuration file.

This command will add an extra line to .rtorrent.rc:

Code: Select all

echo 'system.method.set_key=event.download.finished,filebot,"execute={'`pwd`/rtorrent-postprocess.sh',$d.get_base_path=,$d.get_name=,$d.get_custom1=}"' >> ~/.rtorrent.rc
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
jfoor

Post by jfoor »

Okay so rtorrent-postprocess.sh would need to be in the same folder as .rtorrent.rc in this instance?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I have no idea. Presumably, rtorrent will search the PATH for rtorrent-postprocess.sh and the .rtorrent.rc folder is most likely not in the PATH.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
jfoor

Post by jfoor »

Thanks for your continued help!