replace low quality version with HQ

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
zkyevolved

replace low quality version with HQ

Post by zkyevolved »

Hello everyone, I've got a question. I'm using the command line version to organize plex in conjunction with a server and goodsync, and this is my script:

Code: Select all

cmd.exe /c start /min filebot -script fn:amc --output "M:\Plex Media" --action move --def subtitles=en,es,jp --def artwork=y --def artwork=y -non-strict "M:\Plex Media\Downloads" --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt --def clean=y --def unsorted=y --def deleteAfterExtract=y
So what happens is this: my server gets video / audio / picture from ANOTHER server, and after it downloads all the files via FTP it runs that script. It works fine, but now I'm seeing that my HQ 720/1080p versions are not overwriting the lower quality versions seeing that my server first has the 480p version then later the 720 or 1080. So, when I run the script it says it won't do anything since the file is already there and leaves the HQ file in the folder and does nothing with it.

Is there a way to overwrite the low quality version with the HQ version when it becomes available? Would that be the -

-conflict override
function? If so, where should I put it? After or before a certain one?

Thanks! :)
rednoah
The Source

Re: replace low quality version with HQ

Post by rednoah »

Have you tried --conflict override yet?

@see http://www.filebot.net/cli.html
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
zkyevolved

Post by zkyevolved »

That's what I mentioned in my post, but does it need to go anywhere specific in my script?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

My bad. This will do what you want:

--conflict auto
It doesn't need to go anywhere specific.
zkyevolved

Post by zkyevolved »

rednoah wrote:My bad. This will do what you want:

--conflict auto
It doesn't need to go anywhere specific.

Kick butt! So I just threw it at the end of the script. I'll give it a whirl! :D Thank you for your help! Well worth the money! If you don't mind my asking, why auto vs override?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

--conflict override will always override existing files. --conflict skip will never override existing files. --conflict auto means that FileBot should decide between override and skip behavior depending on the situation.
zkyevolved

Post by zkyevolved »

rednoah wrote:--conflict override will always override existing files. --conflict skip will never override existing files. --conflict auto means that FileBot should decide between override and skip behavior depending on the situation.
What is the criteria for it to decide by itself? Does it check it's quality and fps and such on its own?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That's an implementation detail and subject to change. Currently, it's a mix of video resolution, file size and whether or not the filename contains terms like REPACK and similar tags. Generally speaking, bigger is better.
zkyevolved

Post by zkyevolved »

rednoah wrote:That's an implementation detail and subject to change. Currently, it's a mix of video resolution, file size and whether or not the filename contains terms like REPACK and similar tags. Generally speaking, bigger is better.

Awesome :D Thanks!