Having problems with the automated media center

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
mrgrandmsc

Having problems with the automated media center

Post by mrgrandmsc »

For the past 2 years i've had filebot installed, and I've set up an automated media center by following the instructions of the post on the forums. However up until recently, I've been having issues with it.

Everytime a download finishes on μTorrent, the typical command line pops up on my screen, yet nothing happens. Filebot is trying to do something at first and I see a few lines of code but it ultimately crashes. It crashes right on the spot and I don't even get the chance to read whatever was on the command prompt.

I'm quite the newbie when it comes to coding etc (Thank god the forums guide was as easy as it was) so I'm really unsure as to how to go about fixing it. Any help would be much appreciated!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Having problems with the automated media center

Post by rednoah »

Thanks for the post! Before a real human comes by, please make sure your report has all the following points checked:
  • What are you trying to do achieve? What's not working? What have you tried so far?
  • Include screenshots, logs or filenames (i.e. demonstrate the issue)
  • Include basic information (i.e. sysinfo output)
:idea: Please read How to Request Help and Fix Problems, Report Bugs, Get Features
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
BJJudo

Post by BJJudo »

I am also experiencing some issues with the automated media centre.

To preface it, I am overly technical, but I will do my best to provide you with a clear understanding of what I am experiencing.

I have the most recent version of Filebot (Microsoft store) and newest version of uTorrent.

I had everything setup before and it worked flawlessly, but recently I am running into issues with the script. I am unable to take screenshots of the issue. The reason is that when a torrent is completed, I will see the Filebot console pop up, then quickly disappear, in that time I see approximately 10 lines of communication but I am unable to read it before it goes away.

My current script reads - filebot -script fn:amc --output "L:\Completed" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"

I have my uTorrent directories setup tp place new torrents in L:\Unprocessed, then when they're completed to L:\Downloads

Currently when a torrent completes, it gets moved to the Downloads folder but nothing else happens to to the file. Before they would populate in the same folder and be renamed, etc.

Any help would be amazing!

Thanks again
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Open CMD and run filebot -script fn:sysinfo and post the output.

Change

Code: Select all

--log-file amc.log
to

Code: Select all

--log-file C:/amc.log
so you know where the logs are. After running and failing, what does C:/amc.log say?
BJJudo

Post by BJJudo »

Here is the screenshot of the first part.

I am not sure where to locate the log files. I will look for them in the mean time.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please run filebot -version and post the output. You're probably using an old outdated version where scripting is broken.
rednoah wrote: :!: Make sure to uninstall previous versions of FileBot before purchasing FileBot on the Windows Store. If FileBot nags about updates or donations, then you are inadvertently running a legacy version of FileBot, and not the latest Windows Store version.
You are not using FileBot from the Windows Store. You are using an old outdated version of FileBot. Please uninstall all versions of FileBot and then only install FileBot via the Windows Store.
BJJudo

Post by BJJudo »

I uninstalled and reinstalled and yes it appears I thought I had been updated but I was on version 4.7.2 and now I am up to 4.7.9

I will run the script and see if it works, I shall keep you posted.
BJJudo

Post by BJJudo »

I ran a few torrents through and it seems to be working!

Thanks for your help