Using AMC Script and "Orphaned Subtitles"

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Skorpeyon

Using AMC Script and "Orphaned Subtitles"

Post by Skorpeyon »

I sometimes have files that come in with subtitles in a "subs" or "subtitles" folder that are simply named by the language, and exclude the filename (eg: English.srt). I've noticed that the AMC script will ignore those, stating things along the line of:

Code: Select all

Ignore orphaned subtitles: K:\Downloads\[filename]\Subs\English.srt
Since this tells me it is finding and comprehending the .srt file, and ignoring it, is there a way to turn this off? It handles everything else amazingly well, and any .srt in the same directory or named the same as the video file does great! If I can make it do this as well I'll be set for life. Well worth the money.

Essentially, if it finds a file named "English.srt" I'd like for it to follow the typical naming convention I have it set up for already and add the ".en.srt" onto the end. Even if that can be achieved some other way, that'd work for me.

My code running from uTorrent is:

"C:/Program Files/FileBot/filebot.launcher.exe" -script fn:amc --action move -non-strict -no-xattr --log-file "j:/amc.log" --filter "any{episode; age < 92}{true}" --def "@j:/amc_args.txt" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"
and the contents of amc_args.txt:

skipExtract=n
deleteAfterExtract=y
unsorted=n
music=n
subtitles=en
artwork=n
extras=n
clean=y
seriesFormat=J:/{plex}
movieFormat=I:/{plex}
plex=127.0.0.1:[token]
I'm not that great at command-line items, and I've only recently started using FileBot, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Using AMC Script and "Orphaned Subtitles"

Post by rednoah »

Unfortunately, the amc script doesn't support "Orphaned Subtitles" for which it can't confidently identify the corresponding video file.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Skorpeyon

Post by Skorpeyon »

Ahh, that is a bummer. Is there any other command or argument I could add that would simply rename anything called "English.srt" or "eng.srt" to a specific file name format? Or is that not supported with the AMC script, either?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Processing subtitles only works well if they're processed alongside the corresponding video files. There are no scripts that deal with orphaned subtitles AFAIK.

You can use --def subtitles to fetch subtitles as necessary. If that doesn't work because the subtitles are missing, but you happen to have some, then it'd be nice if you were to use FileBot to upload them to OpenSubtitles and map them to the matching video file.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.