AMC Script On Raspian

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
dacari
Donor

Re: AMC Script On Raspian

Post by dacari »

ls -l /usr/bin/java =

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 Sep 5 19:25 /usr/bin/java -> /etc/alternatives/java

When I run java -version from the CLI I get a response but when I create a script to echo the Java -version all I get is a empty file.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you get no output, then that probably means you're only recording standard output, and not error output, which means you're throwing away the output that would tell you what's not working.

When running a commands via cron or scheduler, then the environment is different, so may not work the same way for that reason. You can call printenv and compare the output. The difference will tell you why it's working from shell but not from scheduler.

@see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3067
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
dacari
Donor

Post by dacari »

Ok, so I found out what the issue was. The Pi came loaded with ARM version of java, utserver running as daemon via exagear in a x86 environment and could not find the java so I installed the x86 version of java for linux and updated the system to use that java.

So, scripts are being executed on download complete, but the output is saying "no input". I made sure the path to the download location is in the $PATH...is there anything else I need to do?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please post the full log. "no input" probably means you're not passing in any input arguments.
dacari
Donor

Post by dacari »

Ok , so I got it working. The issue was I had to put double quotes around the first argument in the script along with the full path to the filebot.sh. Thank you all for the help . If I get sometime, maybe I will put a current install guide together. The only thing PI is a little slow on processing but not complaining cause it works! Next step is to get docker working.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Make sure to use the OracleJDK and not the OpenJDK if you're on ARM architecture. The OpenJDK doesn't use JIT so it's slower by a magnitude or two.
gligoran

Post by gligoran »

rednoah wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 16:57 Make sure to use the OracleJDK and not the OpenJDK if you're on ARM architecture. The OpenJDK doesn't use JIT so it's slower by a magnitude or two.
Thanks for that! This makes my amc script run 75x faster - from 25 min to 20 seconds.