ignore parts of the filename

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
theodorm

ignore parts of the filename

Post by theodorm »

Hi,

in some cases there are some words in a filname which can make troubles through the identification process.
If a file is names chess.movie.xyz.mkv it will search for a movie over chess insted to see also the xyz part.
Is there a possibility to setup word which should be ignored?

Best Theo
rednoah
The Source

Re: ignore parts of the filename

Post by rednoah »

Please post the file path of the file that doesn't work correctly, so I can reproduce the problem and fix it.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
theodorm

Post by theodorm »

rednoah wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 15:34 Please post the file path of the file that doesn't work correctly, so I can reproduce the problem and fix it.
Something like this (deleted the original file and renamed it to the.open.house.2018.x264.mkv
then it worked) chess.the.open.house.2018.x264.mkv
chess is generated by one of my rendering Apps and I can't change them.
Tried out today for the first time filebot on my synology System and it worked except this issue perfect...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You could have your own pre-processing script and just strip "chess" from all filenames.

:idea: Since "chess" is a perfectly normal word and likely part of other movie names, it can't be added to the global list of ignored terms.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
theodorm

Post by theodorm »

rednoah wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 21:27 You could have your own pre-processing script and just strip "chess" from all filenames.
Thank you @rednoah will try this...
can you tell me how such a pre-processing script should be written and how to setup...
The other thing is, maybe it's of-topic on the other hand it can probably be combined whit the fn:amc Script.

I run this as I wrote on a Diskstation from Synology.
The goal is to observe a Input Folder and then rename and move the files to Video Folder which contains sup folders whit genre names.

This is what filbotNode is doing, it renames the files perfectly and moves the files then to the Video folder, but not in to the genre folders.
I was reading a lot of stuff, but could not understand how it works.
Also the script should not move files which ware not really uploaded completely.

Code: Select all

filebot -script 'fn:amc' /volume2/VMShare/vmtausch --output '/volume2/Video' --action move -non-strict --conflict auto --lang de --def 'music=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'minLengthMS=300000' 'minFileSize=100000000' 'seriesFormat={n.space('\''.'\'').lower()}.{s00e00}.{t.space('\''.'\'').lower()}.{[y]}' 'movieFormat={n.space('\''.'\'')}.{y}.{[genre]}' 'excludeList=.excludes' --log info --log-file '/volume2/@appstore/filebot-node/data/filebot.log'

Will be great if you have a idea.

Best T.