AMC Script not working Qbittorrent

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
jimmybean21

AMC Script not working Qbittorrent

Post by jimmybean21 »

Currently I am not able to find out why my script is not working. Transitioned from Utorrent to Qbittorrent. Still works 100% of the time in Utorrent but in QB I do not see an AMC log being populated.

QB 3.3.16
Filebot 4.7.21 (windows store)
Windows 10

filebot -script fn:amc --output "C:/Downloads/Sorted" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def unsorted=y artwork=n "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D" "seriesFormat=C:/Downloads/Sorted/TV/{n}/{n} - Season {s}/{n}.{s00e00}.{t} ({vf})" "movieFormat=C:/Downloads/Sorted/Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}) ({vf})"
rednoah
The Source

Re: AMC Script not working Qbittorrent

Post by rednoah »

What does the console log say?

You can specify your own log location if you can't find the default one:

Code: Select all

--log-file C:/amc.log

:idea: There are reports that certain versions of qBT are buggy and that the Run External Program feature just doesn't work in these versions. Downgrading to an older version of qBT might be a solution.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
jimmybean21

Post by jimmybean21 »

Thank you very much for the reply. I was not able to create a log when running but I did post in CMD and received the following error.

java.io.IOException: Access is denied
at net.filebot.Logging.createLogFileHandler(Logging.java:57)
at net.filebot.Main.initializeLogging(Main.java:373)
at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:101)

I did find the AMC base logs for when Utorrent ran in AppData under filebot logs. I have not tried a different version just yet, since I know of a party using the exact same version and script. Checked Java and it seems its installed with most recent version and Filebot is not calling for an update stating it's missing as it sometimes does if not installed.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

So you've found the logs? What does the log say?

You can try any other folder were access is allowed. If C:/ is not allowed, then just create a folder in C:/Logs and that'll work.
jimmybean21

Post by jimmybean21 »

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. The logs did not have anything listed for QB (I deleted the UT one and then ran a new file through)

What I posted was from earlier this morning for UT

2. I changed the file location and it did not create a file at that location. I even tried just Downloads folder since I know it does not have a permission issue. Neither worked.

It seems that the program did not even run.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That would indicate that qBT 3.3.16 simply doesn't call filebot due to some bug in the Run Program feature. Please try an older version.
ZeroByDivide

Post by ZeroByDivide »

or he can upgrade to 4.0.3 which works perfectly on the run program feature, dunno why he is using such an outdated version to begin with (which by the way the run program feature was working just fine on 3.3.16 as well, it only recently broke on release of qbittorrent 4.0.4)
jimmybean21

Post by jimmybean21 »

Thank you all for the help. I ended up getting it working with a couple of tweaks and the old version of QB along with UT. Below was the modifications I made.

1. "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\%.FileBot_4.7.21.0%\filebot.launcher.exe" (Fix for stealing focus - completely hidden -- Applies to QB and UT)
2. Double up \\ for the file location Eg C:\Downloads\Sorted\TV\ changed to C:\\Downloads\Sorted\TV\ (QB fix specific)

Removed the focus and got around the multiple iteration issue that Windows Store tries to place in the way for the new Filebot launch.