Missile Huggers Synology NAS package

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
rednoah
The Source

Missile Huggers Synology NAS package

Post by rednoah »

Missile Hugger is kindly maintaining a package for Synology NAS. It's not part of set of installers and packages so it may lag behind the official releases of FileBot:

You can find more info here:
http://missilehugger.com/735/synology-package-filebot/

Known issues:
* MediaInfo / 7zip native libs are not packaged

* If $HOME/.filebot is not writable you'll need to change user.home, application.dir and java.io.tmpdir, e.g.

Code: Select all

-Duser.home=/volume1/.filebot -Dapplication.dir=/volume1/.filebot -Djava.io.tmpdir=/volume1/.filebot/temp
* If unicode character don't work then locale is not set up correctly. Just add export LANG=en_US.utf8 in filebot.sh before the filebot call.
FAQ wrote:Q: I'm running FileBot on a Linux machine and non-ASCII characters get all messed up. Why do unicode characters not work?
A: On some machines the locale is not set up. You'll need to tell Java what charset filenames are encoded with by setting the environment variable LANG. Also if you get an InvalidPathException about unmappable characters then it could very well be because LANG is not set up correctly.

export LANG=en_US.utf8

Here's the startup script filebot.sh with all the options:

#!/bin/sh
export LANG=en_US.utf8
java -Dunixfs=false -DuseExtendedFileAttributes=false -Dsun.net.client.defaultConnectTimeout=10000 -Dsun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout=60000 -Dapplication.deployment=spk -Duser.home=/usr/local/filebot/data -Dapplication.dir=/usr/local/filebot/data -Djava.io.tmpdir=/usr/local/filebot/data/temp -Djna.library.path=/usr/local/filebot -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/filebot -jar /usr/local/filebot/filebot.jar "$@"

:idea: If you're using Missile Huggers packages make sure to donate, it's just polite.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
robwiel

Re: Missile Huggers Synology NAS package

Post by robwiel »

Quick question, is installation through ipkg possible on this processor with your 2 versions?
DS212+ Marvell Kirkwood mv6282 2.0Ghz ARM (Marvell ARMADA 300) 16-bit@DDR3, 512MB of RAM
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No idea, says ARM, so try the ARM package and see if it works. FileBot will always work as long as Java works. The MediaInfo native libs packaged may or may not work.
Mediamanager

Post by Mediamanager »

Filebot is a great program. It's been so instrumental in allowing me to reach my media centre goals.
Currently I'm stumped. I have a synology ds212j for which I want to have a Cli script execute when a new file is found in a watch folder.
I have this working using the amc script and Automator on my mac, but would appreciate assistance on how to run such a script on my nas. Any assistance is appreciated.
tgcowell

Post by tgcowell »

Hi All,

I'm very much a Noob when it comes to scripting etc.

I've currently got a Synology NAS 1511+ with FileBot installed care of Missile Huggers package. I'd love to be able to automate a process whereby a script is run each hour completing the following tasks.

- Unzipping any files.
- Re-name using the following naming conventions

- TV
{n} - {s00e00} - {t}.ext
- Movie
{n} ({y}).ext

- Move to /video/New (for Movie)
- Move to /TV/New (TV)

Is this possible? If so would I just save the script in the schedule task application with appropriate settings?

Thanks for your help and/or assistance.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Play with the amc script, it can do everything you want.

Once you got it working you can setup a cron job. Check google for that. ;)