[Win10] Symlink has stopped working (sometimes)

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Pankookis

[Win10] Symlink has stopped working (sometimes)

Post by Pankookis »

Hi.

I have a problem with symlinks. Since maybe two weeks back, the AMC script moves the file but makes it a .symlink in the destination folder.

Example (what it should do and always done before)
  • Qbittorrent downloads to E:/Download/movie.mkv
  • AMC move it to E:/Movies/movie/movie.mkv and symlink it back to E:/Download/movie.mkv.symlink
What Filebot is doing sometimes now is:
  • AMC move it to E:/Movies/movie/movie.mkv.symlink (but it's the filesize, say 15 GB) and in the original folder is E:/Download/movie.mkv (at 0 bytes).

So it seems to move the file but make a symlink with the target "E:/Movies/movie/movie.mkv" which I guess create some loop or something because the file cannot be opened and I don't know how to revert the .symlink to the regular .mkv.

Since this problem started I've stopped using Qbittorrent's "Run external program on torrent completion" and have executed my .bat file manually.

Code: Select all

FileBot 4.7.29 (r5311)
JNA Native: 5.2.0
MediaInfo: 0.7.99
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2018-03-16 (r516)
Groovy: 2.4.13
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 9.0.4
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 1 GB Max Memory / 34 MB Used Memory
Package: APPX

filebot -script fn:amc --output "E:/Media/Filmer" --def movieFormat="E:/Media/Filmer/{fn}/{fn}" --action keeplink -non-strict "E:/Media/Download/Movies" --log-file E:/AMC/amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt

Run script [fn:amc] at [Tue Apr 03 13:09:38 CEST 2018]
Parameter: movieFormat = E:/Media/Filmer/{fn}/{fn}
Parameter: excludeList = amc.txt
Argument[0]: E:\Media\Download\Movies
Use excludes: E:\Media\Filmer\amc.txt (474)

DELETED WALL OF TEXT WITH "IGNORE SUBTITLES AND EXTRA"

Input: E:\Media\Download\Movies\Star.Warsxxxxxxxxxxxx.mkv
Group: [mov:star wars xxxxxxxxx] => [Star.Warsxxxxxxxxxxxx.mkv]
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
Auto-detect movie from context: [E:\Media\Download\Movies\Star.Warsxxxxxxxxxxxx.mkv]
[KEEPLINK] from [E:\Media\Download\Movies\Star.Warsxxxxxxxxxxxx.mkv] to [E:\Media\Filmer\Star.Warsxxxxxxxxxxxx\Star.Warsxxxxxxxxxxxx.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
I'm using Drivepool so I have to use symlinks instead of hardlinks. I have not changed my script at all. I have the Windows Store version of Filebot and don't use WinStore for anything else so I'm uncertain if there has been some auto update a while back that might have caused this or if it's something else.

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Win10] Symlink has stopped working (sometimes)

Post by rednoah »

Creating a symlink is a single system call, so that hasn't changed in years, so there's nothing that can go wrong or change here. I've heard anyone mentioning *.symlink files, which is probably related to you using Drivepool. I've heard of that tool, but I've never used it, but this since more like an issue in the underlying filesystem driver that isn't doing something strange.

:arrow: You might want to report the issue to the Drivepool developers. Presumably, symlinks/hardlinks aren't well-tested because Windows users generally don't use them.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Pankookis

Re: [Win10] Symlink has stopped working (sometimes)

Post by Pankookis »

rednoah wrote: 03 Apr 2018, 17:12 Creating a symlink is a single system call, so that hasn't changed in years, so there's nothing that can go wrong or change here. I've heard anyone mentioning *.symlink files, which is probably related to you using Drivepool. I've heard of that tool, but I've never used it, but this since more like an issue in the underlying filesystem driver that isn't doing something strange.

:arrow: You might want to report the issue to the Drivepool developers. Presumably, symlinks/hardlinks aren't well-tested because Windows users generally don't use them.
Thanks, I'll try that. :)