[Filebot Node] How can i set -no-xattr?

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
howdymilsap

[Filebot Node] How can i set -no-xattr?

Post by howdymilsap »

how do you set -no-xattr in the filebot node interface?
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Filebot Node] How can i set -no-xattr?

Post by rednoah »

Why do you want to turn off xattr? Did you run into any specific issue? Care to elaborate? AFAIK, all Synology devices support xattr just fine.

Unfortunately, FileBot Node does not have a checkbox that corresponds to this option.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
howdymilsap

Post by howdymilsap »

I don't use this on synology, I use the docker filebot node with an rclone mounted filesytem. The destination filesystem doesn't currently support xattr and so I see a lot of error messages in the log. I realize I can just ignore them, but was hoping I could use the -no-xattr option to eliminate them.

btw, the node implementation is pretty flawless. Amazing work. Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. You should be able to disable the xattr feature by setting the FILEBOT_OPTS environment variable as follows:

Code: Select all

export FILEBOT_OPTS="-DuseExtendedFileAttributes=false"
:idea: I'm no docker expert, but you should be able to set environment variables via the command-line or configuration or docker file or something.
howdymilsap

Post by howdymilsap »

This solution works perfectly. Thanks again.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'd appreciate it if you could share how you implemented this solution, for the next guy that stumbles on this thread. ;)
howdymilsap

Post by howdymilsap »

rednoah wrote: 26 Sep 2018, 06:38 I'd appreciate it if you could share how you implemented this solution, for the next guy that stumbles on this thread. ;)
I use portainer to manage my docker containers. To fix this issue, I just modified your standard container in the portainer GUI and updated the existing FILEBOT_OPTS environment variable to be the following:

-Dapplication.deployment=docker -Duser.home=/data -DuseExtendedFileAttributes=false
I then simply re-deployed the container and the new configuration was in place. I will create an automated deploy for this container (with my modification) to this using Ansible, and will post that script here once I have a bit more time.
dyl4n20

Post by dyl4n20 »

howdymilsap wrote: 26 Sep 2018, 18:05
rednoah wrote: 26 Sep 2018, 06:38 I'd appreciate it if you could share how you implemented this solution, for the next guy that stumbles on this thread. ;)
I use portainer to manage my docker containers. To fix this issue, I just modified your standard container in the portainer GUI and updated the existing FILEBOT_OPTS environment variable to be the following:

-Dapplication.deployment=docker -Duser.home=/data -DuseExtendedFileAttributes=false
I then simply re-deployed the container and the new configuration was in place. I will create an automated deploy for this container (with my modification) to this using Ansible, and will post that script here once I have a bit more time.
i am trying to replicate this and I don't understand how you added the environment variables in portainer.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Making your own container is an unnecessarily complicated way to set environment variables. I see no need or reason for doing it this way.

:arrow: useExtendedFileAttributes=false can be set via a configuration file. See xattr metadata for details.

:arrow: You can use docker to set environment variables. Every docker management UI has configuration text fields for this.