scripting help needed

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
srgsng25

scripting help needed

Post by srgsng25 »

first off please bare with me as i am clueless unless it involves cut and paste for coding. but i am fast at picking stuff up

i run a huge media server we are using the fallowing to achieve Utorrent at our downloader and Media Center Master as our Metadate processing engine what we are trying to achieve is a automated solution though MCM post processing to move download and organize them via there genres i can do this if i use filebot as a go between before metadata processing

normally the process is

download - move files to temporary location - final move with metadata precess to New Movies or TV series name

Our Goal is to Download movie/TV series - move to temp location- then filebot scrip to appropriate genera folder

in filebot we can do this by using this scrip in our file format (X:\media Location\ /{genres[0]}/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}){" CD$pi"}

thank-you for any help
rednoah
The Source

Re: scripting help needed

Post by rednoah »

So what is your question?

What is it that you can't do with the AMC script already?
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215

There's plenty of docs on how to do the commandline call. I'm guessing you wanna look at the standalone usage and how to pass in your own series/movie formats.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
srgsng25

Post by srgsng25 »

i can't get it to run for some reason i get no windows i am not sure if its the MCM that is moving the files to soon for the script to run or what i would prefer to have a scrip i can run form the command prompt
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Erm... Yes. What windows? This is a cmdline script.

Did you watch the video tutorial? It's right next to where it says Standalone Usage that I asked you to check.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brGyo2uQzSs
srgsng25

Post by srgsng25 »

i have the cmd lin scrip working but need to make a minor change and i am not understanding what i need to change

here is what i have so far

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc "I:\files" --output "F:\Videos" --action copy -non-strict
can i use this part

{genres[0]}/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y})
this is what i use in the GUI for moving to Genres folders right now it moves everthing to a

f:\videos\movies\"file name"
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Back to the original post. I said read up on how to pass in your own series/movie formats.

You can find the all the docs you need here:
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215 <-- READ THIS !!!

You just need to read it. The section you're looking for is called Change how files will be organized and renamed.