Adding resolution to filename

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
JimmyScott

Adding resolution to filename

Post by JimmyScott »

Hi,

how do i go about adding (1080p) or (720p) to the filename of my movies?

the format of the naming should be like this "movie.title (quality)"
JimmyScott

Re: Adding resolution to filename

Post by JimmyScott »

Figured it out.

Filebot gave me an error when i set the {vf} under scheme.

But when i did a match it correctly added the resolution of the movie :)

the error was:
BindingError: "vf": Invalid media file: null
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You'll need to set a sample file to test with first. Otherwise where would we get that info from? Try the (x)= button.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
JimmyScott

Post by JimmyScott »

rednoah wrote:You'll need to set a sample file to test with first. Otherwise where would we get that info from? Try the (x)= button.
I see your point :P

Tried changing the sample file. It really did the trick for the sample naming :)
ramtop

Post by ramtop »

Ok, I've been using Filebot for awhile, and it had been working fine with adding the resolution to the file name no problem. I recently had a catastrophic data loss and had to reinstall windows. Now I'm coming across this same issue. I'm loading example files in the (x)= dialog that FileBot -itself- named and I'm still unable to get it to read the {vf} property correctly OR apply it to any renames, which is especially frustrating.

What am I missing here?

This is what I want: {n}.{s00e00}.{t}.{vf} what I get is the Name.S0XE0X..
When I go through the (x)= menu and load a file that FileBot renamed months ago (correctly), everything from 'movie' to 'sdhd' is 'undefined'. I've tried dozens of my own 'Media Files' and they've all done the same thing. Is there something I need to install in order for FileBot to read these file details from the files?

Thanks for any help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Check the FAQ for trouble shooting tips ;)
Q: Why does MediaInfo not work? Why is 7zip not working? I'm running on 64-bit Windows and installed FileBot x64?
A: If you're on 64-bit Windows but are actually running a 32-bit Java runtime, the whole java process will be in 32-bit compability mode, so the mediainfo native library also has to be the 32-bit version. If you have a 32-bit and a 64-bit Java uninstall all Java and then only install the latest 64-bit Java and latest 64-bit FileBot. If you're using 64-bit Java you must install 64-bit FileBot, if you're using 32-bit Java you must install 32-bit FileBot.
ramtop

Post by ramtop »

rednoah wrote:Check the FAQ for trouble shooting tips ;)
Q: Why does MediaInfo not work? Why is 7zip not working? I'm running on 64-bit Windows and installed FileBot x64?
A: If you're on 64-bit Windows but are actually running a 32-bit Java runtime, the whole java process will be in 32-bit compability mode, so the mediainfo native library also has to be the 32-bit version. If you have a 32-bit and a 64-bit Java uninstall all Java and then only install the latest 64-bit Java and latest 64-bit FileBot. If you're using 64-bit Java you must install 64-bit FileBot, if you're using 32-bit Java you must install 32-bit FileBot.
Ah yes, it appears as though I have the 64-bit version of FileBot. Where can I download the 32-bit version? I have other tools that require (for stability sake, not using compatibility mode) 32-bit java so going only 64-bit isn't an option and for whatever reason, I'm not seeing a place to download or simply install the 32-bit version I must have been using previous to the destruction of my previous operating system.

Thanks for the help. I had gone over the FAQ, but it hadn't occurred to me that this is what was happening as it's not entirely obvious even what version of Filebot I'm running from within the application itself lol!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The x86/x64 msi packages are in the sourceforge download section. ;

The msi should install to Program Files or Program files (x86). FileBot itself is Java code, so platform-independent, same Java code run everywhere. Only once it's loading native code like libmediainfo the architecture must match.
ramtop

Post by ramtop »

Thanks for the assistance.