Star Trek The Original Series - Blu-Ray

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
KzintiCmdr

Star Trek The Original Series - Blu-Ray

Post by KzintiCmdr »

Hello Everyone,

I have been enjoying FileBot and has made my life much easier. Really is a great program.

My current project is to rip the entire Star Trek Original Series from Blu-Ray. Each disk usualy contains 4 or 5 episodes. containing "Angle 1" and "Angle 2" Angle 1 is the enhanced episode with updated special effects. Angle 2 is the original episode as it aired on TV back in 1966. I want to have both versions on Plex. Right now I am ripping the episodes and placing each version into thier seperate folders (Original and Enhanced)

I Want Plex to know the difference. My thought was to export NFO files. Then I would modify the .nfo files so that Plex can tell the difference and show the difference when it lists episodes for Season 1. I am using the following renaming string which is what I use for all my TV shows.

Code: Select all

{n} [{y}]/{'Season 0'+s}/{n} [{y}] - {s00e00} - {t}
My thought was to let FileBot do its job in both folders. Then in each folder modify each .nfo so that the name of the episode was "Star Trek [1969] - S01E01 - The Man Trap - Original" or "Star Trek [1969] - S01E01 - The Man Trap - Enhanced" This way both episodes can live in in the same folder but you would see weather its Original effects or Enhanced effects.

So the folder structure would be this:

TV
   Star Trek [1966]
      Season 01
         Star Trek [1969] - S01E01 - The Man Trap - Original.mkv
         Star Trek [1969] - S01E01 - The Man Trap - Enhanced.mkv
         Star Trek [1969] - S01E01 - The Man Trap - Original.nfo
         Star Trek [1969] - S01E01 - The Man Trap - Enhanced.nfo
Thoughts on this?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Star Trek The Original Series - Blu-Ray

Post by rednoah »

:?: What are the original file names?

:?: How would a human separate Original / Enhanced files and know which is which?

:?: Based on the file path?

{ f =~ /Angle 1/ ? ' [Original]' : ' [Enhanced]' }
:?: Based on the video characteristics?

{ hd == /SD/ ? ' [Original]' : ' [Enhanced]' }

:idea: You can build atop the {plex} format like so:

{ plex.id % { f =~ /Angle 1/ ? ' [Original]' : ' [Enhanced]' } }
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
KzintiCmdr

Post by KzintiCmdr »

What are the original file names? Star Trek Season 1- Disc 1_t00
How would a human separate Original / Enhanced files and know which is which? Without actually viewing each file. The Even ones (_t00) are the Enhanced ones, the Odd ones (_t01) are the Original episode.

As an Update to this post, I have found out that Plex does not nativly support .NFO files which means Ihave to use a plug in to add that capability. Plugins in Plex have been depreciated, so I can't depend on that feature to be around in 5 years.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot won't be able to match files named like this to online episode information, because based on the file name it's not really possible know which files corresponds to which 1x01 episode number:

Star Trek Season 1- Disc 1_t00.mp4
Star Trek Season 1- Disc 1_t01.mp4
Star Trek Season 1- Disc 1_t02.mp4
Star Trek Season 1- Disc 1_t03.mp4
Star Trek Season 1- Disc 1_t04.mp4
:arrow: You will have to match files manually. Please read FAQ #2 for details.

FileBot can help you add [Original] or [Enhanced] depending on whether or not the t00 number is even or uneven:

{
	def i = fn.match(/t([0-9]+)/) as int
	i % 2 == 1 ? ' [Original]' : ' [Enhanced]'
}

FileBot can only help you with naming. Anything is possible. But what works best (if it's possible to make it work at all) for Plex in this case we also don't know.

EDIT:

If you're savvy with the command-line, then you can rename files in linear order but select only the even files / uneven files and then hope that the natural order of files and episodes aligns:

$ filebot -list --q "Star Trek" -rename *.mp4 --file-filter "fn.match(/t([0-9]+)/).toInteger() % 2 == 1" --format "{n} - {s00e00} - {t} [Original]" --action TEST
[TEST] from [Star Trek Season 1- Disc 1_t01.mp4] to [Star Trek - S01E01 - The Man Trap [Original].mp4]
[TEST] from [Star Trek Season 1- Disc 1_t03.mp4] to [Star Trek - S01E02 - Charlie X [Original].mp4]
:idea: You can do the the same in the GUI. Either by only selecting the even files in the first place, or by selecting all files and then removing the uneven ones from the list. Please read FAQ #2 and #3 for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.