German title of a series and original title in one file nam?

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
Biff

German title of a series and original title in one file nam?

Post by Biff »

How could I rename a file with the German title of a series and the original (English) title of it, e.g. Jesse Stone (s01e05) - Dünnes Eis - Thin Ice (2009-03-01).avi?

And how could I switch between English and German titles? Sometimes the titles are English, do not know, why.

But, may be such a file name will not be scraped correctly anymore when you use it for movies.

I had posted here - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=110302&page=5 - but may be this is a better place.
Newest portable, stable FileBot, Windows 10 Home, 64bit
rednoah
The Source

Re: German title of a series and original title in one file

Post by rednoah »

Code: Select all

{database.getEpisodeList(episode.series, net.sourceforge.filebot.web.SortOrder.Airdate,Locale.GERMAN).find{ it.season == s && it.episode == e }.title}
It goes without saying that this expression is completely unsupported. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Many thanks, rednoah.

Sorry, I cannot get it to work, it looks:

http://i.imgur.com/Q2w4pxt.png
http://i.imgur.com/xYqHZgK.png

Using this:

{database.getEpisodeList(episode.series, net.sourceforge.filebot.web.SortOrder.Airdate,Locale.GERMAN).find{ it.season == s && it.episode == e }.title} ({s00e00.lower()}) - {t} ({airdate}, {y})
And this:

{database.getEpisodeList(episode.series, net.sourceforge.filebot.web.SortOrder.Airdate,Locale.GERMAN).find{ it.season == s && it.episode == e }.title}
becomes this: http://i.imgur.com/nscCbRS.png
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If the names are in German you need to use German-language mode to get an automatic match. You can force manual input and force "The Simpsons" via CTRL-Click TheTVDB though. Check the FAQ for all the ways of semi-manually matching shows with data.

Yes. My snipped just grabs the German episode title. Also the database may not have German episode titles and implicitly default to English.
Biff

Post by Biff »

OK, strange, I didn't change anything (by intention), but suddenly the renamed names are English. So, better to use CRTL + Click, thanks.

Well, so obviously it is not possible to grab both the English and the German titles.

Many thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Doesn't matter what language the files are originally. {n} {t} and all the other basic data will be whatever you define as Language Preference.

Obviously IT IS POSSIBLE. What am I writing this for if it wasn't? Obviously if TheTVDB does not know the German titles for your particular show then it won't work.

Here's your format however "stupid" it may be:

{n} ({s00e00.lower()}) - {t} - {database.getEpisodeList(episode.series, net.sourceforge.filebot.web.SortOrder.Airdate,Locale.GERMAN).find{ it.season == s && it.episode == e}.title} ({airdate})
And it work just fine:
http://snag.gy/Cjb58.jpg

If German titles happens to be the English titles it means that you need to go to TheTVDB and enter the German titles since nobody has bothered to do that yet.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Thank you very much.

Well, there always was / is definded "German", but the titles are English at the moment. What am I missing?

Oh, very sorry, I just have misunderstand you: what do you mean by that:
My snipped just grabs the German episode title
Obviously if TheTVDB does not know the German titles for your particular show then it won't work
Both titles are available, I can see when Filebot grabs the German or English one, only.

Yes, I see, thank you for the screenshot.
Here's your format however "stupid" it may be:
Sorry, why stupid? It seems to be a nice snipped.
The format creates that on my system (twice the German title): http://i.imgur.com/2yyfF4m.png

Very sorry again for my inability.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

My snipped just grabs the German episode title
Means my snipped will always be German, regardless of you Language Preferences. The value of {t} always has the value of your language preferences.

1. This expression assumes you use English Language Preference thus {t} will be English and the "Force German Title" snipped will be German

{n} ({s00e00.lower()}) - {t} - {database.getEpisodeList(episode.series, net.sourceforge.filebot.web.SortOrder.Airdate,Locale.GERMAN).find{ it.season == s && it.episode == e}.title} ({airdate})
2. If you use German Language Preference then {t} will be German and you'll have to work it out the other way around, i.e. "Force English Title"

{n} ({s00e00.lower()}) - {database.getEpisodeList(episode.series, net.sourceforge.filebot.web.SortOrder.Airdate,Locale.ENGLISH).find{ it.season == s && it.episode == e}.title} - {t} ({airdate})
Biff

Post by Biff »

Thank you very much. It works great.

When I use this:

{n} ({s00e00.lower()}) - {database.getEpisodeList(episode.series, net.sourceforge.filebot.web.SortOrder.Airdate,Locale.ENGLISH).find{ it.season == s && it.episode == e}.title} - {t} ({airdate}, {seriesStartDate.year ?: y})
I get this: http://i.imgur.com/B25zWdf.png

Is it possible to let avoid adding ", " (comma and space)?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

({airdate}{', '+(seriesStartDate.year ?: y)})
Biff

Post by Biff »

Many thanks, it works perfectly, great.
suizi

Post by suizi »

Hi! Thanks for posting those formats up there, it helped me a lot!
But I have one problem when switching the order of the german and english names.
Filebot language is set to German, and I'm using the serienjunkies.org scraper.

Wanted Output:

Shameless s1e5 Drei Freunde Three Boys =======>   Shameless - S01E05 - Drei Freunde (Three Boys)
My Code: (I Only switched the places that the german name appears first and removed the air date from the back)

{n.upperInitial()} - S{s.pad(2)}E{e.pad(2)} - {t} ({database.getEpisodeList(episode.series, net.sourceforge.filebot.web.SortOrder.Airdate,Locale.ENGLISH).find{it.season == s && it.episode == e}.title})
But my output is only:

Shameless - S01E05 - Drei Freunde ()
So the english episode name does not appear in the ()
Please help me!

Thanks and all the best,
suizi