Subtitle renaming gone wrong

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
part timer

Subtitle renaming gone wrong

Post by part timer »

I'm not sure what happened, but some of my subtitles were renamed matching the video file name and some weren't. Now I'm wondering the easiest way to rename them to match the video file without processing everything again.

Here's an example that worked:

Code: Select all

[SD]  [240p]  [DVDRip]  [XviD]  [MP3]  [Genesis-RG]  16 Blocks ([2006]DvDrip.Genesis-RG).avi
[SD]  [240p]  [DVDRip]  [XviD]  [MP3]  [Genesis-RG]  16 Blocks ([2006]DvDrip.Genesis-RG).srt
and in the same folder, one that didn't:

Code: Select all

[SD]  [240p]  [DVDRip]  [XviD]  [MP3]  [aXXo]  16 Blocks ([2006]DvDrip[Eng]-aXXo).avi
  [DVDRip]  [aXXo]  16 Blocks ([2006]DvDrip[Eng]-aXXo).srt
Yes that is actually a space in the filename there as well. Part of the info was grabbed but not the video info. So maybe that means the srt was processed without the video file going with it and so the info didn't stick to it? I'm not sure. I'm also not sure how many I have like this now and what the easiest way to match them back up again the same name as the video file.

Strange.

Ok, so I just used the analyze pane and there are 14 srts wrong like this out of 659. I guess I can manually change the names by copying and pasting inside the folders to make them match the video. Any thoughts on this though? Just tried the rename pane out of curiosity and it doesn't actually want to change the name, spits the same one back out again, maybe because the video file is not there with it? Nope, even with the video file in the rename pane as well it still just spits back this name instead of changing the scheme. I'm not using the trim right now while I'm testing so the movie is coming back with doubled info like we discussed in another thread, but the srt isn't. It's not changing at all.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Subtitle renaming gone wrong

Post by rednoah »

1. What are the original names of those video/subtitle pairs? I guess the original names didn't match.

e.g.
name.avi
name.eng.srt (subtitle name must begin with movie filename)

2. You can do things semi-manually. Drag those subtitle files into the left area and then drag the videos into the right area. That way the video files will serve as template for renaming.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
part timer

Post by part timer »

1. Actually they did match because all the ones with brackets were files that I originally ran through "therenamer" program months ago.

So the renamer should have named it
16 Blocks [2006 PG-13] ([2006]DvDrip[Eng]-aXXo).avi and
16 Blocks [2006 PG-13] ([2006]DvDrip[Eng]-aXXo).srt
my trim got rid of the square brackets and my new naming scheme kept the rest of the old filename at the end of my new filename above.

***EDIT***
I don't know if it means anything or not, but it seems strange that 10/16 of the subtitles that were named wrong are movies that start with numbers.

2. I had no idea you could do that, totally works. This is why I ask the questions, you have the answers.

3. Another question. If I'm processing a big long list and for some reason I take one of the video files out of the left and right pane, either by hitting the delete key on both or by clicking ignore in the matching pop up window does it still process the srt with no video file? Pretty sure on the ignore it ignores both vid and srt, not sure about me manually removing it. My guess is it still tries to process the subtitle on its own.

On another side note, I wish I could do it just once and not have to click delete on both panes btw, kind of annoying. Would be nice if you click delete on the left pane and it gets rid of both imho.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

1. Tried that, works fine for me. You can check {media.file} binding to get the effective video file.

2. It also supports text, text files, sfv/md5/sfv files and torrents and grap the names from there. Ctrl+C & Ctrl+P as well to "drop" data.

3. Yep, it's always processing everything that's in the list as best as it can.

Normally you'd first delete things on the left and then just click "Match" to align everything again. Whenever you drop in data yourself you can have filebot try to match up files/names that way.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
part timer

Post by part timer »

This just happened again, so I think I know what caused it now. I dragged some videos and then some srts from the analyze pane and it didn't match the srts properly so I deleted them from the left side and just renamed the videos. Then I dragged in the srts again and renamed them, but because they weren't right beside the video file anymore they didn't grab the info they needed just like above. At least I noticed it and it was a quick fix for me now.

I'm thinking that must be what happened. The video file got moved out of the folder first.