Is there a way to remove empty folders?

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
DevXen
Power User

Is there a way to remove empty folders?

Post by DevXen »

So As i'll be Renaming and organizing my whole collection, is there a way to.

A. Remove the folders as they become empty.

and

B. Copy everything remaining from the folder that didn't get named/Identified To the new folder?

Thanks,
-Dev
rednoah
The Source

Re: Is there a way to remove empty folders?

Post by rednoah »

A.
There's a script for that => http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... &t=5#p1341

B.
No, also that's conceptually impossible since the format could create a new folder structure of any complexity can't know where you'd like these files to be copied.

However, if your extra file matches a video file (e.g. name.avi + name.artwork.jpg in the same folder) these linked-together files will be moved/copied as one.

It's best to run the artwork.* script after you moved things into a nice and clean new structure, if you want to pre-fetch metadata for your HTPC.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
DevXen
Power User

Post by DevXen »

Ok, I'll look into that, do the scripts only work with the CLI, or can i use them with the GUI?

And the reason i asked if either was possible. I don't know if you've seen the MusicBrainz Picard music renamer/database program. it's at musicbrainz.org I believe.
But it'll move everything in the current folder, i'd assume to the root folder of the last moved file that was in that file. and it has another option to remove empty folders, as it moves the files out of them, makes it convenient when you are renaming from hundreds of folders.

Either way, I'll look into the script, thank you.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, normally you'd just move everything into a new structure, making it unnecessary to clean up afterwards. Those little text / image files don't take space and filebot will ignore them anyway, but if you really wanna get rid of left overs you just delete the parent folder and it's done with one single hit of a button.

If cleaning up after you've organized your files takes more than 3 seconds your probably doing something wrong. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.