Format with SxE and Absolute numbers

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
mihawk90
Power User

How about sharing our format expressions?

Post by mihawk90 »

Mine is for anime as well. My goal was to make it compatible with Kodis scrapers in an SSxEE format (I used that one way before I discovered Filebot and wanted to stay consistent) since it's one of the recommended formats, but still retain the release/fansub group, the CRC Sum (you never know when you need it) and most importantly the absolute number. It's a pain to map the correct files when the original release is only using absolute numbers but you only have Seasons and Episodes. Additionally this makes it possible to use either a TV Scraper like TVDB or TMDB, or the AniDB Scraper if one so desires. It can be exchanged any time too. If you're a Season/Episode guy but your girlfriend is an absolute number type, this is the best imo (better then scratching each others eyes out I guess).

Code: Select all

{es.collect{ s.pad(2)+'x'+it.pad(2)}.join('-')} [{group}] {episodes*.absolute*.pad(3).join('-')} [{crc32}]
Obviously this can be expanded with automatic directories, but there are enough examples here for that.

I'm still working on a solution for a specific Fansub group I'm getting a few animes off of, but those I just have to rename manually currently (non-related to the {group} tag).

/edit
fixed a bug that would use the same episode number for each multi-episode

/edit2
Or as suggested just use {sxe} for the first part:

Code: Select all

{sxe} [{group}] {episodes*.absolute*.pad(3).join('-')} [{crc32}]
Last edited by mihawk90 on 09 Dec 2016, 20:32, edited 2 times in total.
rednoah
The Source

Re: How about sharing our format expressions?

Post by rednoah »

Your SxE part for multi episodes is buggy. I recommend using the built-in {SxE} binding.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
mihawk90
Power User

Format with SxE and Absolute numbers

Post by mihawk90 »

Hm... that's weird, it worked fine but I just noticed too... the second episode remains the same as the first one... oh well :S

/edit
Fixed it in the post, seems I had messed it up when my drive failed a while ago and I had to do it by hand... Never noticed since then because multi-episodes are kinda rare these days. Though I have no idea what would happen if a multi-episode were to span across seasons, but I haven't seen that happen ever... sooo yeah. I'll probably let Filebot walk over my animes and just throw {sxe} in there when I need to set up my kodi from scratch some day (the day will come)