{absolute} not working for special episodes

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
nikiforos6

{absolute} not working for special episodes

Post by nikiforos6 »

Hello everyone.

I'm in the process of trying to refine my naming scheme. I would like Windows explorer to sort the episodes in the correct order so I decided to add the {absolute} episode value to the name.

This is what I want it to look like:
Doctor Who [Ep.104] - S09E01 - The Magician's Apprentice (1) [min] [2015-09-19] []

(please ignore the fact that the minutes and the quality don't show up. That's a different issue)

This is the entire code I'm using:

Code: Select all

F:/{n.replaceTrailingBrackets().replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´‘’?]/, "'")} ({y}) - {" [$rating" + "★]"}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{n.replaceTrailingBrackets().replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´‘’?]/, "'")} [Ep.{absolute.pad(3)}] - {episode.special ? 'S'+s.pad(2)+'Special' : s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´‘’?]/, "'")} [{minutes}min] [{airdate}] [{vf}]
This is the relevant part:

Code: Select all

[Ep.{absolute.pad(3)}]
Now the problem appears when I try to rename a special episode. This one, for example: Doctor Who (2005) - S00E148 - The Husbands of River Song

Even though an entry for {absolute} exists on the TVDB site, it doesn't show up when renaming the episode.

This is what a special episode looks like:
Doctor Who [Ep.] - S09Special - The Husbands of River Song [min] [2015-12-25] []

Does anyone have an idea if I'm doing something wrong and what I should do to fix it?

Thanks in advance for your help :)
Last edited by nikiforos6 on 23 Jan 2017, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Re: {absolute} not working for special episodes

Post by rednoah »

Fixed with r4725.

:idea: Note that most special episodes just don't have absolute episodes numbers.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nikiforos6

Re: {absolute} not working for special episodes

Post by nikiforos6 »

rednoah wrote: Note that most special episodes just don't have absolute episodes numbers.
Yeah... I noticed that there are quite a few episodes from various series that lack the absolute number. So I think I'll drop it entirely.

I just found this curious, since the absolute number exists.