Filebot 4.5 - Load Preference Not Saved

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Infymus

Filebot 4.5 - Load Preference Not Saved

Post by Infymus »

Just updated to 4.5 this AM and am noticing that Filebot is no longer remembering my load preferences. If I set it to All Files, FileBot will return to Files And Folders and remember one of the last files I converted. This causes no files to be displayed as said file it saved no longer exists. Each time I run FileBot I have to manually select All Files again. Windows 64 Bit.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot 4.5 - Load Preference Not Saved

Post by rednoah »

What's a Load Preference? Screenshots?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Infymus

Post by Infymus »

rednoah wrote:What's a Load Preference? Screenshots?
Hi Rednoah - where do I find the load preferences? Right click preferences just asks for language and match mode. The tool button on the right bottom only has rename options. Can you tell me where load preferences are?

Edit: Ok so you're asking for load preferences... Sorry, misread that.

When I run FileBot and then click the "Load" button (left side), the Load dialog Filename defaults to the last file I converted. The "Files of types" defaults to "Files and Folders". Because it defaults to the last file - which may no longer exist in the directory - no files show.

So each time I click Load I have to reset the File Name to blank (blank it out) and set the "Files of Type" back to "All Files".

Previous versions did not have this issue. Filename was blank and the preference for files of types was saved.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I don't know what you're talking about.

@see viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1868

EDIT:
If you have issues with opening files I recommend using Drag-n-Drop instead.
Infymus

Post by Infymus »

1. Open FileBot, click the Load button in the Original Files pane.
2. Select a file to convert, select the "Files of type" as "All Files".
3. Select a single file (.mp4, .mkv, etc) and convert said file, ie, rename it and then move it out of the directory.
4. Close FileBot.
5. Open FileBot, click the Load button in the Original Files pane.

Expected Result: File Name is blank and Files of Type is set to "All Files". (See attachment expected_result.png)

Actual Result: File Name is filled in with previous selected file even though file does not exist. Files of Type is set to "Files and Folders". No other files are showing in the directory above. (See attachment first_load.png).

Because of this I have to clear out File Name every time since the file I original selected has long since been renamed and moved. Also I have to select Files Of Type to be "All Files" or new files and folders do not show. Also please note that if you select a group of files to be renamed, when you click Load again it will default to one of the files converted rather than all files.

Drag and drop is really not productive in my situation as the screen resolution is 1024x768 as this is a server.

I have attempted to go back to a previous version but found that they are all simple web installers. :(
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Thanks, now I see the issue. That's a bug.

Fixed with r2683