BUG: 4.8.5 on Linux CLI seems to send wrong argument when catching artwork

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Post Reply
schossel
Posts: 7
Joined: 19 Nov 2017, 13:32

BUG: 4.8.5 on Linux CLI seems to send wrong argument when catching artwork

Post by schossel » 12 Jul 2019, 19:01

Hi,
I was running 4.8.2 on Linux CLI until yesterday and it was working fine. Here's the output from a movie running 4.8.2:
Input: /home/USER/Movies/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985.mkv
Group: [mov:ladyhawke 1985] => [Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985.mkv]
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
Auto-detect movie from context: [/home/USER/Movies/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985.mkv]
[MOVE] from [/home/USER/Movies/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985.mkv] to [/home/USER/Movies_sorted/Der Tag des Falken (1985)/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Fetching movie artwork for [Der Tag des Falken (1985)] to [/home/USER/Movies_sorted/Der Tag des Falken (1985)]
Generate Movie NFO: Der Tag des Falken [526]
The artwork is fetched as expected.
I had to renew my license yesterday and while doing that I updated to 4.8.5.
I'm running the same command as above (here for example even with the same movie) and it seems to me, while trying to fetch the artwork, the movie name as argument is not send correctly. Because of the [null] as arguement there is no artwork returned. Here's the example with 4.8.5 and the same movie as above:
Input: /home/USER/NewMovies/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985.mkv
Group: [Movie:Der Tag des Falken (1985), Series:null] => [Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985.mkv]
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
Auto-detect movie from context: [/home/USER/Movies/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985.mkv]
[MOVE] from [/home/USER/Movies/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985.mkv] to [/home/USER/Movies_sorted/Der Tag des Falken (1985)/Der.Tag.des.Falken.1985.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Fetching movie artwork for [null] to [/home/USER/Movies_sorted/Der Tag des Falken (1985)]
Resource not found: https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/null ... 27e831f9c9
FileNotFoundException: Resource is empty: {} => https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/null ... 27e831f9c9
The movie is moved and renamed but no .nfo and no artwork.

I think it has nothing to do with my setup because when I revert to 4.8.2 it's working flawlessly again. So for the time being I'll be using 4.8.2.
It would be nice if you could have a look at it.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by schossel on 13 Jul 2019, 16:04, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 16434
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: BUG: 4.8.5 on Linux CLI seems to send wrong argument when catching artwork

Post by rednoah » 13 Jul 2019, 03:02

Please run filebot -script fn:sysenv and post the output.

:?: Are you perhaps disabling xattr support via environment variables before calling filebot?

:?: Does the target file system perhaps not support xattr?



EDIT:

Possibly fixed with FileBot r6538.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.

schossel
Posts: 7
Joined: 19 Nov 2017, 13:32

Re: BUG: 4.8.5 on Linux CLI seems to send wrong argument when catching artwork

Post by schossel » 13 Jul 2019, 13:56

If xattrb support is disabled, it wasn't intentionally. Even if that would be the cause, I wouldn't understand why it works with 4.8.2 but not 4.8.5.
What caught my eye is the fact that in 4.8.5, there's a movie part and series part when recognizing the movie name. If it's amovie, the series part is "null", perhaps this "null" is send to catch the artwork instead of the movie name!?
Last edited by schossel on 13 Jul 2019, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 16434
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: BUG: 4.8.5 on Linux CLI seems to send wrong argument when catching artwork

Post by rednoah » 13 Jul 2019, 15:27

A change between the versions results in xattr metadata not being cached in-memory after each rename operation, which might be a problem if xattr metadata can't be retrieved (from neither in-memory cache nor filesystem) later on in the script.

You can try the latest nightly build to see if it works now:
https://get.filebot.net/filebot/BETA/
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.

schossel
Posts: 7
Joined: 19 Nov 2017, 13:32

Re: BUG: 4.8.5 on Linux CLI seems to send wrong argument when catching artwork

Post by schossel » 13 Jul 2019, 16:00

I just tried the Beta and it works :!:

Post Reply