files with UNC path crash FBot 4.9.0

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
SoonerLater

files with UNC path crash FBot 4.9.0

Post by SoonerLater »

@RedNoah

I just updated to 4.9.0. Now when I drag and drop a file on it which has a UNC path name (e.g."\\jessie\Video\Temp\fakeshowname.S07E01.Manhunter.720p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv" on it, Filebot crashes and locks up. This happens with every single UNC path file (and I've tried several).

I have been using Filebot for years. I don't know what version I just replaced (probably 4.8.5 based on a .MSI installer file lingering in my ..\downloads\ folder), but it and every version before it for years had no trouble with UNC path files. And 100% of the files that I drop on Filebot are and always have been UNC path files.

While I await news, I will see if I can figure out how to fall back to a previous version.
rednoah
The Source

Re: files with UNC path crash FBot 4.9.0

Post by rednoah »

:arrow: Duplicate of Missing UNC Path since 4.9.0

rednoah wrote: 19 Mar 2020, 20:02 Yes, there's a runtime error that breaks matching as well as rendering due to errors in UNC path handling under specific circumstances.

You can work around these issues by using mapped network drives. A deeper folder structure can also work around the issue, since the error occurs when \\host is interpreted as parent folder which then leads to unexpected errors.

EDIT:

Fixed with FileBot r7245.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
SoonerLater

Post by SoonerLater »

@rednoah I see the fix was done in beta release candidate r7245, but I see no mention of it in the notes for stable 4.9.1. Is it fixed in 4.9.1?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

AFAIK, this particular issue has been fixed a long time ago. You will generally not find bug fixes in the release notes.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.