[Feature Request] Exclude release group

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Soitora

[Feature Request] Exclude release group

Post by Soitora »

I'd like the ability to exclude a release group, alternatively have it take the first match and not the last.

"Erai-raws" and "v0" example

Code: Select all

[Erai-raws] Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Raihousha Hen - 06 [v0][1080p].mkv
-->
[v0] Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei꞉ Raihousha Hen - 06 [1080p, x264].mkv
Only "Erai-raws" example

[Erai-raws] Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Raihousha Hen - 06 [1080p].mkv
-->
[Erai-raws] Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei꞉ Raihousha Hen - 06 [1080p, x264].mkv
As you can see this disrupts the flow of my automatic script as the "v0" is always followed by a regular release, which doesn't get overwritten due to a change in file names.

I had a user ask why they saw duplicate episodes on Plex and this was the sole reason for it.
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Feature Request] Exclude release group

Post by rednoah »

So you're saying that v0 isn't a release group, but a random tag?
viewtopic.php?t=4

By default, the {plex} format will not include {group} information. However, if you have a custom format, then the destination file path is completely up to you. If {group} doesn't work for you, then you can do something else, like matching the first [...] from the file name.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Soitora

Post by Soitora »

I'm saying that Erai-raws (the now biggest Anime subgroup) publishes some anime as v0 (original subtitle) as they release but then a regular file with their custom typesetting. It might be a real release group (although no one in the forum thread requested it) but in this case it steals the group tag even though Erai-raws is listed first in the filename.

From the sound of your comment you don't like the idea of excluding a release group, so I guess I'm stuck with either filtering out v0 releases from being downloaded or hope that grabbing the first bracket in the filename will not break in the future for some release. :(

EDIT: I saw you made a commit removing it, thanks. My feature request kind of still stands but it's no longer relevant to my needs :D
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

v0 as been removed from the list. If anybody complains about that, then we'll look into things further from there.

Soitora wrote: 17 Nov 2020, 21:40 From the sound of your comment you don't like the idea of excluding a release group, so I guess I'm stuck with either filtering out v0 releases from being downloaded or hope that grabbing the first bracket in the filename will not break in the future for some release. :(
Not at all. New release groups are easily added on request. Previously added ones are easily removed on request if they cause issues. Unless someone complains about that too... and then I have to make an unpopular executive decision one way or another. :?

Your particular use case might be best served by matching the [name] from the beginning of the filename though, like so:

{fn.match(/^\[([^\]]+)\]/)}
Soitora

Post by Soitora »

rednoah wrote: 18 Nov 2020, 03:54 Your particular use case might be best served by matching the [name] from the beginning of the filename though, like so:

{fn.match(/^\[([^\]]+)\]/)}
One of my presets in the application uses that one for when it can't match. I'll monitor my release groups and see if all of them keep the same standard of having the [group] listed first, in that case I'll do so :)

EDIT: Do you think it's better to use that one or the following one:

{fn.matchAll(/\[.+?\]/).first()}
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

At a glance, those two patterns might just do exactly the same. Yours looks a bit more readable actually.