refresh file services and media library

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
marciton

refresh file services and media library

Post by marciton »

I'm using scripts with filbot command on it to properly named my files since a while now but I'm noticing this recommendation :

Code: Select all

* Consider using --apply refresh to refresh file services and media library
I'm not sure for what it is.

this is an example of the commands I run:

runNS="/usr/local/bin/filebot -rename -non-strict --format @/var/services/homes/bob/format.txt --lang fr --db TheTVDB --q @title.txt --filter "s==01" *.mkv"
rednoah
The Source

Re: refresh file services and media library

Post by rednoah »

--apply refresh will help you call /usr/syno/bin/synoindex -R or /usr/local/medialibrary/bin/mymediadbcmd buildfolder on newly added folders depending on the platform. This will help ensure that new files show up in file services and media library which might otherwise sometimes display out-of-sync file listings.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
marciton

Post by marciton »

ok, I understand,and as I'm running this directly on a Synology folder ... it's not useful on my case. Thanks for the clarification.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

marciton wrote: 09 Aug 2021, 17:30 ok, I understand,and as I'm running this directly on a Synology folder ... it's not useful on my case. Thanks for the clarification.
On Synology NAS, if you process files locally, and then try to access those files remotely via SMB, then you may sometimes not see the new files due to caching and indexing not being up-to-date. If you ever run into some kind of "filebot moved files but they're not there" kind of problem, then --apply refresh will help with that.
marciton

Post by marciton »

Thanks, that's clear.
I'm not sure that displaying the message all the time I running the command is good, but it's not bothering me in my logs.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It's hugely important that the first impression that new users have isn't "filebot deleted all my files" so proactively detecting common or severe user errors out-of-the-box takes precedence. That being said, you can alway use --log ALL | FINEST | FINE | INFO to adjust the log level to your preference.