[Feature] Inline Editing of Filenames

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Mute
Power User

[Feature] Inline Editing of Filenames

Post by Mute »

I'd like to be able to edit a proposed filename inline before Filebot executes the rename process.

Sometimes I want to tweak part of a filename, or Filebot misses or misidentifies the encoding group, and I want to be able to adjust the filename within Filebot instead of having to manually locate and edit the file in Windows Explorer.

For example, in the following screenshot, there are two movies that have errors in the title. The first file, a movie called "Children Who Chase Lost Voices," triggers a false positive for the group name LOST, because the word "lost" is in the title.

The second file, "Deep Rising 1998 720p BluRay DD5.1 x264-SbR.mkv," is encoded by the group SbR, but Filebot doesn't recognize this group name.
filebot.jpg
I want to be able to click on the new filename that Filebot has proposed and edit the name inline, before completing the rename operation.
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Feature] Inline Editing of Filenames

Post by rednoah »

Sorry, this will not be supported.

Read this for adding entries to {group} and alternative ways of doing it / not doing it:
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4

EDIT: r2043 should improve this a bit
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Mute
Power User

Post by Mute »

Any particular reason why? Adding additional groups to the list solves part of the problem, but doesn't address false positives. I'll switch to the regex match instead of using {group} for now.

Modifying groups is only one example of why it would be useful to manually edit new filenames, though. There are one-off occurrences that I don't feel compelled to write a regular expression rule for, but prompt me to manually rename the file in explorer. Another example is special editions of movies. I just recently downloaded Akira, the 25th Anniversary Edition. I'm not going to add all the potential years that an anniversary could happen to my rule that checks for editions, but I would like to keep it in the filename for this particular movie.

It just seems to intuitively helpful to be able to manually edit a filename. I'd consider personally funding, or contributing to the funding, of this feature, if you have started doing that yet.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Generally people wanna get rid of that info rather than keep it, so {group} is not a feature i want to waste too much time on.

Added a little hack with r2044 so you can now hit F2 to force a name. Try it, cause it might break some other stuff.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Mute
Power User

Post by Mute »

Woooo! Awesome ^_^b

Tested it on three renames and it worked just fine.

I've donated (again) as thanks for your work.