Small cosmetic enhancements

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
rednoah
The Source

Re: Small cosmetic enhancements

Post by rednoah »

.nfo doesn't have to match if it's one movie per folder

e.g.
Avatar (2009)/info.nfo => IMDb from here will definitely be first choice, so you can auto-select everything

In anycase I'm connecting mediainfo bindings to the next best video file as well now for .nfo files just like I do for subtitles, no harm in that.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
part timer

Post by part timer »

Awesome, so how will I be able to use it? Do I need to wait for another new jar? Or can I edit something to treat nfo extensions like videos or something? On a side note I had a video not recognized as a video, maybe you could update the extension list? I think it was ogm or ogg, one works and one didn't, I think ogm didn't.

You're right, you don't need it to match for filebot, but the program I use after filebot needs the nfo to match the video file or I need to go through after it creates a new nfo that does match and delete them. Yeah ok I can but it's easier for me if they match and I can't think of anything but positive results from having them match.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You'll need the latest jar. Added ogm ogg as video extension so it'll work with the next jar i upload, but not gonna bother just for this.
part timer

Post by part timer »

rednoah wrote:In anycase I'm connecting mediainfo bindings to the next best video file as well now for .nfo files just like I do for subtitles, no harm in that.
Another tweak with this. I love it btw, way nicer for me to have the match done. For the few times when there is a cd1 and cd2 though it doesn't get matched to either. I'm pretty sure it's best for xbmc if it matches whatever the cd1 is and then xbmc will just stack to the two video files on top of each other and you just auto play from one right to the next.

So what I'm asking is when [CD$pi] is used could you have the nfo always match the cd1 video unless there are 2 nfos already and then they can each have their own nfos if that's what the person has already. Like what happens with cd1 and 2 srts

I don't think this would be bad for anyone else's different media player solutions, but I'd say it's the way to go.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

XBMC and things like that handle that.

Name (2012).nfo
Name (2012) CD1.avi
Name (2012) CD2.avi

If it's like that it's completely obvious. Same as name.eng.srt matches name.avi.

But with the format there is always a way to get these things done. ;)

Check the example format expressions:
Special case to add ".CD1" to .nfo files that belong to a multi-CD set (e.g. movie-cd1.avi, movie-cd1.nfo, movie-cd2.avi, ...) as required by HTPC software like YAMJ/Popcornhours's NMJ.

Code: Select all
{n} ({y}){".CD$pi"}{if (ext == 'nfo' && folder.list().find{it =~ /(?i:CD\d+)/}) ".CD1"}
Now this solutions assumes that originally there is a already files with the CD pattern. If that doesn't work for you maybe if there is two more video files per folder? Then just add that CD1? It's all based on assuming knowledge about how your stuff is already organized.
part timer

Post by part timer »

rednoah wrote:XBMC and things like that handle that.

Name (2012).nfo
Name (2012) CD1.avi
Name (2012) CD2.avi

Check the example format expressions:
Special case to add ".CD1" to .nfo files that belong to a multi-CD set (e.g. movie-cd1.avi, movie-cd1.nfo, movie-cd2.avi, ...) as required by HTPC software like YAMJ/Popcornhours's NMJ.
But if it's a special case for popcorn hour and the same for xbmc shown below from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Im ... ary#Movies it becomes less special and more the norm:
If there are multiple media files in a folder, the *.nfo should be named exactly the same as the video file it is representing (ie. moviename.avi and moviename.nfo). In the case of multi-part (stacked) video stacking, name the file either moviename.nfo or moviename-CD1.nfo where the first filename is moviename-CD1.avi.
So I either want it to match the filename exactly, which it now does most of the time, or match the cd1 file exactly. It could be handled the same way srts are handled when it knows that's part1. You know what I mean? When you rename a multi part video and it knows vid part1 vid part2 srt part1 srt part2. Just I'm guessing a lot of times there just won't be a part 2.

If, video is part1 part2 match nfos to them, if only one, then match to part1.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

moviename.nfo or moviename-CD1.nfo where the first filename is moviename-CD1.avi
It's really just YAMJ, and they should really support that the standard naming that makes the most sense. I mean when it stacks movie.cd1.avi, movie.cd2.avi, etc the entry isn't called movie.cd1, it's gonna be movie, that makes sense. There's only one nfo per movie. It makes the most sense to just name it like that, for any special handling you're of course welcome to adjust the format anyway you like. ;)

PS: Had a look at it for 30min and decided it's not worth any more of my time. :D