Strict mode in Renaming Pane

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
part timer

Strict mode in Renaming Pane

Post by part timer »

Yet another feature request. I figure I'll throw them all out there, because if you don't ask you don't get.

It would be nice if there was a check box or something for strict mode, or what I think is strict mode while in the renaming pane.

What I mean by this, is right now every time it pops up to ask me to verify which movie I mean I'm clicking ignore and I'm going to deal with them all later. Right now I'm just trying to match the other 90% or whatever as quick as I can. So to have a little check box or something there to only match ones it's confident about would so much nicer and it would be faster at getting the results back. Another thing that would make it faster at getting results, although may not be possible, is instead of popping up and asking, waiting for input and moving on is if it saved all those til the end. So instead of stopping everything to wait for user input just go to the next movie that it can match on its own and at the end show all the pop ups in order one at a time with no delay in between. This way you could click match and get up and go do something else and when you come back it's finished and ready for you to pick the last ones, instead of being only part way through scanning because it stopped and waited for input.

Personally I'd love to have both features, so I could skip until the end without even having to click the ignore button on each one and then later on when I do want to take the time to process those movies let it scan and then select the right movie for each without the delay in between.

As always, thank you so much for this program. It may not seem like it because of all my posts, but I'm loving this program.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Strict mode in Renaming Pane

Post by rednoah »

Main reason I won't spend much time on automating this more is because while it's convenient for people like you. Most people would be all "It's not doing anything!". It's important user feedback that something pops up once in a while. :P

However things are already parallel in some way since there is a processing queue for each core. So on a dual core it'll actually keep going in the background while it's displaying that selection popup, except the second thread will eventually also stuck on some UI interaction sooner or later.

In the latest revisions you can set this:

Code: Select all

-DthreadPool=100
That'll but some heavy load on your machine and make it unresponsive, but also keep up to 100 threads waiting for you to select the correct movie, at which point it'll be responsive again. :lol: :lol:
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
part timer

Post by part timer »

I guess I get that, but I'd still like to check the box and let it only match the for sures and leave me the greyed out list at the bottom of the ones it was unsure of so I could do a second pass of those later. Like I imagine the strict/non strict works, but I could be wrong.

Simple and quick for the user. The dual core part makes me feel a little better that it's not just sitting there totally idle waiting for my response. It seems like tmdb is quicker, for me anyways, but I trust the results way more on imdb, personally.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

r1085 will process things in one queue and handle user input in another
part timer

Post by part timer »

I took a look at the folder that has the newest versions in it. Can I just replace a file with that one instead of installing? Or how do I update to that newest version when it's just a jar file?

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Just replace the jar in your install folder and your good to go.

Check version via:

filebot -version
part timer

Post by part timer »

I really could be the only one who didn't know that, but you might want to add that somewhere on this page if you can:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/filebot ... ebot/HEAD/

Just so it's obvious to people like me who just don't know. 1 more question eliminated hopefully.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Actually you can start the jar standalone as well by double clicking it. ;)
part timer

Post by part timer »

I just spent some tedious time tinkering to try to get a screen shot for you of what I think would be an awesome feature. In line with this particular thread.

I asked before for a button or something to process only in strict mode. Would be helpful when processing a large backlog of files. Once all the old media files are done, keeping up with new files is much easier for people. There are a few different threads on the go right now from people like me who want to use this program for their new stuff and for going through al their old stuff as well so it's all done and together.

There are a lot of people who want to use this program, but to get started want to bring all the old stuff back out of the dust and renamed just like the new stuff.

My newest crazy idea for you, is instead of a button, making the rename pane kind of similar to the analyze pane, where we have three tabs. My thought process is you drag your stuff in and hit match. All of the matches that filebot currently puts into the right pane that it thinks it knows go into the first tab. All of the matches that pop up with that window asking for to choose, because it's not quite sure, would be removed from the left pane go into the second right pane so you could do them now if you want by clicking on that tab and pressing match again or do it later. All of the shows that it gives the entry window because it really doesn't know get removed from the left pane and put into the 3rd tab on the right side. Again if you wanted you could click on the 3rd tab, hit match and manually enter the data for each.

This way, we could drag it all in to the left. Click match. Go down the list in the first tab and just double check by eye that it's all good and click rename this tab. Done. Then we click on the second tab on the right side. The left pane gets loaded with all files that it wasn't quite sure of. We click match. A window pops up for each and we just confirm which each one is. After it's done we click rename and those get renamed. Then we go to the 3rd tab. The left side gets cleared and repopulated with the files from the 3rd tab. We click match. A little window pops up for each file/folder asking to input the search string and either matches or brings back a list of choices. We choose. After it has them all, we click rename and that tab is done.

I think this would be awesome personally.

A little more work would be at the top of each tab in brackets show the number of files to be processed. Think about processing terabytes of data. Much easier I think.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45892431/Renam ... %20new.tif

Hopefully this link works.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Still that kinda feature people would only use once. Most of time it won't be useful and only clutter the UI. If there is too much stuff to do all at once, just do things in batches. Take 300 movies through them into filebot. Now that it won't block anymore the experience should be pretty good. Do another batch next day and so on.

For me this is a special case for scripting. Or maybe 3 scripts that'll handle the 3 steps you said seperately.

There was this, but it's abandoned:
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/v ... ?f=8&t=160
part timer

Post by part timer »

That's exactly what I mean, there are multiple forum topics I could quote here where someone is starting with a big group of videos and they need a starting point. I'm trying to run some scripts right now just to test and I'm getting frustrated. That's why I like the gui, so I can see my results. I can't throw in a batch of 300 anymore, since my leftovers now are the harder ones to deal with. There are too many pop ups, would take me forever.

I'm going through another topic right now trying to borrow a script you mentioned there.

When I use this script it works:

filebot -script fn:renall --db imdb --format "/strict/nonstrict/{movie}/{movie}" --action test "N:\Movies\Movies\The Ten Commandments" -non-strict >> "C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\renall log.txt"
But when I substitute in the format I want it fails

filebot -script fn:renall --db imdb --format "N:/Video/Movies/Black Lacie Drive/{(n =~ /^[Tt]he / ? n[4..-1]+", The" : n =~ /^[Aa] / ? n[2..-1]+", A" : n).replace(":",' -').replace(";",' -')}{"  [$y]"}{"  [Rated $certification]"}{"  [Voted $rating]"}/{"[$sdhd]"}{"  [$vf]"}{"  [$source]"}{"  [$vc]"}{"  [$ac]"}{"  [$group]"}{"  $fn"}" --action test "N:\Movies\Movies\The Ten Commandments" -non-strict >> "C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\renall log.txt"

FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\FileBot\The : n =~ \^[Aa] \ ? n[2..-1]+,

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\FileBot\The : n =~ \^[Aa] \ ? n[
2..-1]+,
        at Script2$_run_closure15.doCall(Script2.groovy:22)
        at Script2$_run_closure16_closure71.doCall(Script2.groovy:23)
        at Script2$_run_closure16.doCall(Script2.groovy:23)
        at Script2$_run_closure19.doCall(Script2.groovy:27)
        at Script3.run(Script3.groovy:6)
        at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ScriptShell$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.evaluate(Unknown Source)
        at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(Unknown Source)
        at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.process(Unknown Source)

at net.sourceforge.filebot.Main.main(Unknown Source)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Because for the cmdline "..." is special. Since there is lots of " in format the arguments filebot gets are completely messed up.

You need to catch up how to use the cmdline. But escaping things properly is a bother. It's much easier to just do that in the script.

rename(..., format:'''...''', ...)
Then run it with --action test to see what's happening without actually renaming files. If you find the output too much clutter you can set --log info to disable tracing.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

part timer wrote:That's exactly what I mean, there are multiple forum topics I could quote here where someone is starting with a big group of videos and they need a starting point. I'm trying to run some scripts right now just to test and I'm getting frustrated. That's why I like the gui, so I can see my results. I can't throw in a batch of 300 anymore, since my leftovers now are the harder ones to deal with. There are too many pop ups, would take me forever.
Well, you have to deal with them somehow. Putting them in another tab doesn't the fact that you're gonna have check things. Usually Option 1 is what FileBot things is the most likely result. Which is what gets auto-selected in cmdline when -non-script is set.

It's come up alot, but nobody ever bothered to stick around and make it work. I'm happy to help but giving me all paths to test with then waiting for me to deliver a robust solution is really just telling me "please work for me for free, thank you".
part timer

Post by part timer »

Yeah I can see your point there.

Ok, so what about for those of us that have a hard time wrapping our head around the command line and feel warm and fuzzy using the gui. What about having 2 panes, one for strict and one for non strict. Where the first is all the matches it's sure of and the second is all those pop ups, but instead of pop ups, it's the first movie in the list for each and if they are actually correct you could just hit rename and if not then you double click on it to bring up the choices again or right click or something.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Just because it's a script doesn't mean it can't have a GUI. ;)

For me it's a special usecase that don't feel like spending time on building into the main app. As script I can create a completely different simplified UI specifically for that usecase. GUI makes complete sense to verify things quickly of course.