Unexpected subtitle behavior

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
part timer

Unexpected subtitle behavior

Post by part timer »

Well to me it's unexpected. To you that might be what you intended, but I'll raise the question as always.

I'm using filebot-2.64-r1113-nfo
I dragged my folders to the analyze pane.
Dragged my nfo's to the left rename pane
Dragged my vids to the right rename pane to match up the filenames for me
Clicked rename
got an error that the video file already exists.

It's trying to rename my nfos into avis
Using:

Code: Select all

M:/Video/Movies/OD Temp no id/{(n =~ /^[Tt]he / ? n[4..-1]+", The" : n =~ /^[Aa] / ? n[2..-1]+", A" : n).replace(":",' -').replace(";",' -')}{"  [$y]"}{"  [Rated $certification]"}{"  [Voted $rating]"}/{"[$sdhd]"}{"  [$hpi]"}{"  [$source]"}{"  [$vc]"}{"  [$ac]"}{"  [$group]"}{"  $fn"}.{ext}
Changing it from {ext} at the end to nfo didn't change anything, it still wanted to rename them as avi's.
Changing to Relative name instead of absolute path seems to be the trick.

Seems strange to me though, especially if that is the intended behavior, then when I changed the end of the format to nfo I would have thought that would solve it.

After switching to relative name it looked good so I clicked rename
It paused
I clicked it again and errored saying file already exists.
Quick check of the folders, it did rename them, but it didn't clear them from the rename panes like it normally does with vid files, maybe because they are nfo's, but again, seems odd. May as well clear it if I'm done and renamed. Dragging in a new batch would clear the left pane, but not the right, and dragging from analyze wouldn't clear either, I would have to do it manually first.

Basically, I'm saying, even with absolute paths it should keep the filetype in my opinion unless I go into the format editor and type .avi or whatever it is. If I have .ext like I did it should just keep whatever it started with. 2. If you do a rename of just nfos or non video files they should be cleared from the panes once you hit rename just like video file batches.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Unexpected subtitle behavior

Post by rednoah »

1. "Absolute Path" mode simply renames things to exactly what's on the right. Now if you use existing files as template to rename to then of course that doesn't work. It says "!" if there's no extension.

2. Analyze only allows you to do a Copy-Drop. If I allowed a Move-Drop you might accidentally really move all these files if you dropped that into explorer or some other application.

3. If renaming works files should always be cleared. I often use it to mass-rename photos and stuff. Now if you Copy+Drop things multiple times (e.g. having the same file in the list multiple times) then I don't know what happens.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
part timer

Post by part timer »

So out of 86 srt files that were in the batch 25 of them didn't get the proper media binding and don't match video file names. Strange thing to me, is that all 25 are from the same release group FXG. There were 6 other FXG srts that went through just fine, but strange that they all have something in common like that.

Also in the same batch, out of 800+nfos there were 9 that had the same binding problem.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Send me the video/subtitle/nfo path pairs. They probably don't match up properly, I can see if I can tweak that.
part timer

Post by part timer »

I already renamed them to match, but I guess they would still be in the rename history.
part timer

Post by part timer »

Another strange one.
I used the analyze pane to drag in my videos, nfos and srts to do a batch. I guess it forced a match for the english title on the akas page, which is ok I guess, but it didn't apply that rule to all pieces in the folder. Strange.

Filebot sent my video and nfo to one folder:
Walker, The [2010] [Rated R] [Voted 7] [IMDB tt1037705 ]

And the srt only to another:
Book of Eli, The [2010] [Rated R] [Voted 7] [IMDB tt1037705 ]
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Original file paths please ;)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

ok... i see, it's listed as "Japan (English title)" ...

well, the original files where probably already named The Walker, so filebot is smart enough to keep it that way. The subtitle names are probably different, so it kinda defaultet to the english title.
part timer

Post by part timer »

sent by pm. I still wish I could go to the history window and right click on the one or the group I want and click export and have it only apply to what I highlighted.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

if you wanna list lots of files quickly you can drag them into analyze to unfold them, and then drag e.g. the avi files into list panel. from there you can copy&paste all the names as text
part timer

Post by part timer »

Drag from where? At first I thought you meant the history window, but I just tried that and can't drag from there. That seems to be the only place that has the original filenames you wanted.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

true, after renaming that doesn't work anymore.
part timer

Post by part timer »

rednoah wrote:1. Can't reproduce that, but that all in the format, so you can play with that. Possibly the the value {n} is " The ...". Like maybe there is spaces in front of the name and then the format doesn't work with that or something. You can check it.
Strange that the other movies worked as expected. I don't think there was a space, but yeah. I don't know.
rednoah wrote:2. Those subs don't match the video file at all, doesn't work that way.
Right, but I just thought that if it found srts in the same folder it would match them up if there was only one movie and only one srt, then it would assume they go together and make their names the same. If not, I think you should consider that behavior, much nicer to me.
rednoah wrote:3. Maybe I can fix that, but need to rebuild my imdb index with the new logic. Takes a few days.
Way over my head, but thank you.
rednoah wrote:true, after renaming that doesn't work anymore.
For any trouble shooting it has to come out of the history. Even if you could highlight whichever lines you want and click the export button. Another thing I noticed with that window. I had to go through a whole bunch of history yesterday and noticed an issue. In the top half of the window it shows you your sessions and underneath, the files, right on. But if you click on the files and start looking through them, then you want to go back up to the upper window it doesn't keep the session you are in highlighted so it can become easy to forget which one it is. If you have a lot to look through it's annoying. Would be nice if it stays highlighted while you are moving around in the deeper window rather than losing its focus.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Something had to be different, otherwise the result wouldn't have been different. If you can reproduce that problem send me the paths. Worked for everything I tried.