[bug] Filebot does not log actions if another instance is running

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
mespinola

[bug] Filebot does not log actions if another instance is running

Post by mespinola »

Repeatable example:

Have the GUI open/running, and simultaneously run a script that performs a renaming task. The script will not log its actions, rendering those actions non-revertible.

----

Code: Select all

FileBot 4.7.2 (r4178)
JNA Native: 4.0.1
MediaInfo: MediaInfoLib - v0.7.78
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: fpcalc version 1.1.0 (C:\Program Files\FileBot\fpcalc.exe)
Extended Attributes: OK
Groovy Engine: 2.4.7
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_77
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 1 GB Max Memory / 21 MB Used Memory
Package: MSI
Data: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
Done ?(?????)?
rednoah
The Source

Re: [bug] Filebot does not log actions if another instance is running

Post by rednoah »

Cannot reproduce.

Please try to monitor history.xml and see what's happening. The filebot call will definitely update history.xml on exit or print some error message. Same applies to the GUI.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
mespinola

Post by mespinola »

You are correct: The history.xml DOES reflect the change. I should have titled this bug differently. The problem is, its not showing it in the GUI where I am trying to perform a manual revert.

Caveat that may make this unique: The problem as I discovered it was when I was trying to rename files within the same directory two times in a row:

1. Run a rename script on a TV show directory, renaming multiple files.
2. Discover a renaming problem with certain episodes.
3. Open the GUI look at the log in the GUI. Decide to revert the entire renaming session and not just individual files. Leave the GUI open.
4. Rename problematic files manually (SxxExx) in the directory so that Filebot wont get confused.
5. Run a rename script on same TV show directory, renaming multiple files.
6. Go to look at the log in the GUI, and its not showing the last rename session.
7. Quit the GUI and re-open it. Look at the log in the GUI, and its still not showing the last rename session.
8. Look at history.xml, and I can see the session data - but Filebot GUI is not reflecting it.

UPDATE, I just now re-opened the GUI again after typing all of the above, and I now see all of the rename sessions properly. I swear it was not showing this earlier when I triple-checked before posting this bug/glitch.

Thanks for your time looking into this. I apologize if I inadvertently wasted it.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The history.xml file will only be written on close but it'll always be read when you open the History dialog. This behaviour might be somewhat confusing if you run many parallel instances but closing all windows / waiting for all filebot commands to finish will result in a complete history file.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.