Fetch Episode List not working in 3.4

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Post Reply
nickelliott
Posts: 7
Joined: 22 Jan 2013, 11:35

Fetch Episode List not working in 3.4

Post by nickelliott »

Hi,

I upgraded to 3.4 and when I try to fetch episode information all I see is the busy icon spinning continuously, it never returns any results.

I have reverted to version 3.3 which works just fine.

I'm using the amd64.deb version.
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 19004
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: Fetch Episode List not working in 3.4

Post by rednoah »

Wait longer and see what happens. It's probably just rebuilding its caches.

EDIT: Tried 3.4 on Ubuntu and it matches perfectly.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nickelliott
Posts: 7
Joined: 22 Jan 2013, 11:35

Re: Fetch Episode List not working in 3.4

Post by nickelliott »

Thanks for the advice. There must be something broken on my system (Kubuntu) as still nothing after 15 minutes, I'll give it a while longer. If I still have no success I'll purge FileBot from my system and perform a clean install.
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 19004
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: Fetch Episode List not working in 3.4

Post by rednoah »

I've set network timeouts to 1 minute... so that's very odd. Try running with konsole and see if there's any cmdline output.

Also you can put debugging proxy in between so you can see what network requests filebot makes and what works and what doesn't:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebScarab
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nickelliott
Posts: 7
Joined: 22 Jan 2013, 11:35

Re: Fetch Episode List not working in 3.4

Post by nickelliott »

Thanks. Unfortunately the re-install didn't work.

When I run filebot from konsole I get the following messages:

[email protected]:~$ filebot
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.
(process:4241): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.34.1/./gobject/gtype.c:2720: You forgot to call g_type_init()
(process:4241): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_interface_add_prerequisite: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_INTERFACE (interface_type)' failed
(process:4241): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `result != 0' failed
(process:4241): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.34.1/./gobject/gtype.c:2720: You forgot to call g_type_init()
(process:4241): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `result != 0' failed
(process:4241): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.34.1/./gobject/gtype.c:2720: You forgot to call g_type_init()
(process:4241): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `result != 0' failed

I'll look at WebScarab and let you know what I find.
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 19004
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: Fetch Episode List not working in 3.4

Post by rednoah »

There seem to be some issues with the libraries installed on your system.

Try setting this in the startup file:

Code: Select all

-DuseGVFS=false
If that doesn't work it's a Java issue. Though the GVFS stuff is for accessing GVFS and shouldn't affect anything but Drag-n-Drop.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nickelliott
Posts: 7
Joined: 22 Jan 2013, 11:35

Re: Fetch Episode List not working in 3.4

Post by nickelliott »

It's probably worth mentioning that I'm currently using OpenJDK. Don't know if that has something to do with it.
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 19004
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: Fetch Episode List not working in 3.4

Post by rednoah »

Nope, I'm using OpenJDK as well. Might have something to do with you using KDE and the glibs somehow having issues. Try the -DuseGVFS=false and see if that makes a difference.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nickelliott
Posts: 7
Joined: 22 Jan 2013, 11:35

Re: Fetch Episode List not working in 3.4

Post by nickelliott »

rednoah wrote:There seem to be some issues with the libraries installed on your system.

Try setting this in the startup file:

Code: Select all

-DuseGVFS=false
If that doesn't work it's a Java issue. Though the GVFS stuff is for accessing GVFS and shouldn't affect anything but Drag-n-Drop.
Ok, that worked. Thanks for helping, I'm not currently using Drag-n-Drop so it shouldn't affect me.

Thanks again.
Post Reply