Very slow copy speed from Mac OSX to Synology Mount

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
tobelif

Very slow copy speed from Mac OSX to Synology Mount

Post by tobelif »

I generally get about 20x better performance dragging and dropping folders using finder than I do running the following:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/Volumes/Media/Media" --action copy -non-strict "/Volumes/Media/Media/Torrent/completed/" --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt
Any way to speed up the process of transferring?

Note: Both the "Completed" folder and the "Media" folder are on the same Synology.

Thanks in advance
tobelif

Re: Very slow copy speed from Mac OSX to Synology Mount

Post by tobelif »

think I answered my own question. If you change the --action to move it is much faster.

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/Volumes/Media/Media" --action move -non-strict "/Volumes/Media/Media/Torrent/completed/" --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt
rednoah
The Source

Re: Very slow copy speed from Mac OSX to Synology Mount

Post by rednoah »

CPU:
If you click on Autodetect then it'll be equally slow in terms of processing. If you know what you're processing, then passing --def ut_label will allow you to skip to auto-classification step and make things much faster.

IO:
If you use Copy then it'll physically copy the data on disk. If you use Move (on the same filesystem) then it'll just change the filesystem entry and that operation is instant regardless of file size.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.